Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Intel hd graphics 520 ultrawide 21:9 resolution

jerry00769
Beginner
Hello,

I tried to solve ultrawide resolution for my working laptop HP EliteBook 840 H3 combined with Monitor LG 29WL50S-B. Max resol 1920x1080 not ultrawide corresponding (too wide text/icons or cropped display width). I have also private 2 yrs-old HP laptop with radeon R5 chip where resol 2560x1080 ultra wide 21;9 no problem. Is there any chance to have resol ultrawide 21:9 also, not only 4:3 / 16:9 similar to above or equivalent?

Many thanks for your support in advance.

Jerry, CZ
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Maria_R_Intel

Hello jerry00769,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

To better assist you, please provide us with the below details:

• Confirm which type of connection are you using between the display and the Laptop (HDMI to HDMI, DisplayPort to DisplayPort, etc)

Provide us with the below reports:

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

With the external display connected, provide the Intel* Graphics Command Center report:

>Go to the Intel Graphics Command Center

>Support

>System Diagnostic

>Generate report.

>Attach the report file.

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
jerry00769
Beginner
Hello,

thank you for your support. I used the DP-HDMI ordinary cabel and the same result, but I found another type Club3D Kabel DisplayPort 1.2 na HDMI 2.0 with converter upto UHD 3840x2160p @ 60Hz and I'll see for a few day after recieving.

Jerry, CZ
0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello jerry00769,

Thank you for let us know. We will keep your thread open so you can let us know the outcome in case you need further support.

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos
jerry00769
Beginner
Hello Maria,

after recieving of the DisplayPort 1.2 Cable to HDMI 2.0 UHD 4K60Hz Active Adapter M/M 3m/9.84ft, there is the resol ultrawide 2560x1080 recommend and max 3840x2160 (see attachments photos). I think this information could be usegull for more people 😊

Everything is ok at this time beeing.

Kind Regards

Jerry, CZ
0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello jerry00769,

We are glad to know you found a solution, thank you for taking the time to share this fix, and hopefully, it may help other community members experiencing similar behavior. Since the thread is now solved, we will proceed to close it.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos