Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

Intel hd graphics 620 at 240hz on ubuntu

aange16
Beginner

I am interested in a pc with the the processor  i5-10210U which has the intel integrated gpu 620. I have a 240 hz monitor. I would like to know if it would be able to give to the monitor a 240 hz refresh rate using ubuntu. my aim is not gaming but pdf reading mainly, and I look for an overall smoother experience. which kind of cable it would require?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello aange16,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

Based on your processor specs Intel® Core™ i5-10210U Processor the following resolutions will be supported: Max Resolution (HDMI 1.4) 4096x2304@24Hz and Max Resolution (DP) 4096x2304@60Hz, In Windows, if you get a lower resolution you refresh rate could get higher.

Regarding your question on Ubuntu* I will recommend you contact your operating system vendor (OSV) and use their distribution for driver access and support so they can better guide you with the drivers needed and if it's possible to set up that refresh rate.

How to Find Graphics Drivers for Linux*

Linux* Operating System Vendor Websites

Note:

Resolutions supported by the processors might be limited by the ports and system manufacturer customizations on their systems.

Regards,

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos