Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20626 Discussions

Intel hd3000 hd4000 locking frequency

JFKA
Beginner

Hello, I have an old laptop i5 2540 hd3000 and I carry it with me to work.

Model Asus p43e

drivers 15.28.24.4229 (9.17.10.4229)

The base frequency of the video core 650 mhz maximum 1300mhz. In the furmark the frequency works out to the full - 1300, however, in some games, the video core frequency resets to the base 650 and  the FPS drops.  How can i  lock the frequency at 1300 (always turbo) so that there are no fps drops. There are no settings in the BIOS. Processor idle state disabled didn't help. Xtu intel did not help. Are there any over ways?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Maria_R_Intel

Hello JFKA,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

Unfortunately, the Intel* HD Graphics 3000 and the Intel HD Graphics 4000 are discontinued, due to these products being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html) helpful to address your request.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos