Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

Intel iris xe vulkan couldn't activate on WWZ

ozanu
Novice

Hey guys. I can't switch to vulkan from dx11. Any solution spotted before? World war z game is very bad on dx11. I want to try performance on vulkan but I couldn't. Thx

Graphic & Processor: Intel iris XE Core™ i7-1165G7

Labels (1)
9 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello ozanu,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

· Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/25293/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html?v=t  

· Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

· To save your scan, click Next and click Save.  

2. Provide the Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers: 

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html 

3. Was the game working before? If not, when did the issue start?

4. Are you using a laptop or a desktop computer?

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
ozanu
Novice

Hello,

Game is working, just performance is very bad. You should read my first entry. Vulkan still deactive on WWZ. I attached report.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello ozanu, 

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello ozanu, 

Based on the research performed I would like to inform you the Intel does not have a tool nor an option to check from DirectX 11 to Vulkan. However, this option should be offered during the download of the game (by choosing the right download file) or inside the game in the "video" settings.

Considering the previous statement, I would like to confirm the following:

1. Are you able to see the option in the game settings?

2. Is the option grey out?

3. Does the game show you the "DirectX 11" option but does not let you change it?

Also, bear in mind that the Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics and the latest drivers support Vulkan. DirectX, and OpenGL. This could mean that the game may not work on Vulkan or that the game developers blocked the option, I recommend you to check with the game developers to confirm if the game can run on Vulkan and what steps need to be taken to do it.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
ozanu
Novice

Hello,

I can't switch to vulkan from DX11. If you see internet of that option, all people can switch to vulkan which is supported video card. Intel xe support vulkan right? I captured video and attached.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello ozanu, 

Thanks for the update, 

With this information, I will check further on this, but in the meantime I recommend you to check with the game developer for further information.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello ozanu, 

We performed a replication in our Labs, and faced the same situation, we proceeded to report this issue directly to our driver development team.

We cannot promise any outcome yet, however, our driver team is investigating and looking to fix this issue in future driver releases. If there is any relevant update we will update the thread.

Please let me know if you agree to close this thread or if you have any other questions related to this.

Regards,   

Deivid A. 

ozanu
Novice

Yes we can close this thread. I hope it will fix asap. Thank you.

ozanu
Novice

Hello,

Is there any news about issue? I get update but not resolved problem.

0 Kudos