Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Intel uhd graphics 630 can't wake up my pc

PierreTheCow
Beginner

Hello everyone, I bought a new pc a month ago (msi creator 17) and I have a problem with the Intel uhd graphics 630 she can't wake up my pc like the screen stay black but I can hear the pc boot and  the led are orange that tell me he is open but with the other graphic card there is no problem (rtx 2070) and I don't know why. I already tried to install the new driver for it but it doesn't change anything. Does someone know what to do? 

PS:sorry for the English I'm not a English native speaker. 

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello PierreTheCow,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

To better assist you please provide the following info:

• Do you experience this if the computer goes to sleep mode? Or under what circumstances will this occur?
  • Were any changes made before this behavior?
  • Where did you download the driver for your computer?
  • What is the current driver version?
  • Please provide your operating system version.

I would appreciate if you could run the following utility and share the report generated:

1.     Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) Download link  

2.      Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information.

3.      By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  

4.      Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

5.      To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  

Esteban D. 

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
PierreTheCow
Beginner

Yes it is when he goes in sleep mode, no changes have been made before this issue, i have installed drivers from windows, msi and touslesdrivers.com (https://www.touslesdrivers.com/).

I'm on the latest version of the drivers.

And the issue only happens when the intel uhd graphics 630 is active.

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello PierretheCow,

Thank you for your response and the information provided.

After checking the report, I would like to share some steps with you:

1.      The report indicates that you are using Graphics version: 27.20.100.8587 which is Intel generic driver. For your laptop I would recommend the use of customized drivers provided by the OEM. You can find them here.

2.      Also, please make sure that the BIOS of your laptop is up to date.

3.      You can also check the Power Management Options on your computer. Can you please provide what plan are you using?

4.      Do you have “Fast Startup” enabled? If so, please try unchecking it. You can find this settings in the Power Options of your operating system.

I am recommending the installation of the driver provided by MSI* due to the fact that Your computer manufacturer may have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes.  

To avoid unforeseen issues, it’s recommended to install the OEM drivers.

Esteban D. 

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied.  

0 Kudos
PierreTheCow
Beginner

1. i have installed every driver provided by the OEM

2. My BIOS is update and i already have update my firmware

3. I'm using the normal utilisation the one that is recommended and because the sleep mode doesn't work i'm using the hibernation mode that works

4. I try both ( enabled and disabled) and it doesn't change anything

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello PierreTheCow,

Thank you so much for the additional information provided.

We noticed that the BIOS version is out of date, I would recommend checking with your laptop manufacturer during the upgrade process and check results with me.

Please check the following link where you can download the required software for your device.  

Additionally, Can you please tell me if this behavior occurs even with the power cord connected to the computer?

Esteban D. 

0 Kudos
PierreTheCow
Beginner
So I just updated the BIOS and nothing change always the same issues
0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello PierreTheCow,

We consider that this behavior could be related with the hybrid graphics in the device and also we need to take the Power Plan in the OS in consideration.

I would like to further investigate this for you and provide an update as soon as possible.

In the meantime, as previously requested can you please confirm if this behavior occurs even with your laptop connected to the power? Or do you experience this when the computer is not connected to the power cord?

Esteban D.

0 Kudos
PierreTheCow
Beginner
The issues happens with both case (with or without the power cord)
I tried to boot my pc with Linux (Pop os) and the sleep mode was working perfectly
0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello PierreTheCow,

Thank you so much for your response.

After checking the information provided and the troubleshooting steps performed; we consider that this behavior could be related to the hybrid graphics support in your laptop.

As you may know this feature allows you to switch between using the Intel® graphics and a discrete graphics controller in a computer. 

The behavior of that feature may vary depending on the configuration provided by the motherboard manufacturer, how it was designed, and even the operating system (Windows*).

We need to consider that Intel generic drivers from the Intel website do not work on some computers that support switchable graphics. It depends on your computer’s hardware configuration.

If you encounter any problem using the generic driver, we strongly recommend checking with your computer for further recommendations and support on switchable graphics.

Please check the following article with Frequently Asked Questions for Switchable Graphics Feature for more information about this feature.

That being, said we consider that you would need direct assistance from your computer manufacturer. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored  

Esteban D.

0 Kudos