Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Inter HD Graphics 4000 (ProBook 6570b) and 3-display (not working)

idata
Employee

Hello,

I need your help! I've bought HP ProBook 6470b laptop with i5-3210M CPU @2.50GHz and integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000, 4 GB RAM.

Running Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit SP1 Build 7601 with Intel graphics driver version: 8.15.10.2761

Can't connect 3rd display (using two HP LA2306x) neither with 2xHDMI, 2xVGA, or 1xHDMI and 1xVGA.

At the time I can use only two of them: One HP with laptops display or both HPs when laptop lid is closed.

When all the monitors are connected I can see them (below), but if I choose to etend second display, click Apply and Keek Changes - nothing hapens, same window appears (bellow).

Question: How the 3rd monitor should be connected? (it's written in intel.com what HP Graphics 4000 supports up to 3 displays)

0 Kudos
18 Replies
idata
Employee

Forgot to mention, I'm using HP 2012 230W docking station.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

My system has the latest BIOS (came with it from factory).

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

You need to have external 2 displays to be connected via native Display Port.

You will be able to turn on all three than.

0 Kudos
MFROS1
Beginner

Hi,

I'm getting the same problem however I've got a HP 6570B laptop.

Is there any resolution to this problem yet?

Thanks

Matt

0 Kudos
RBren
Beginner

Hi,

I am also have a Probook 6445b and having the same issue. Previously, I had a Probook 6445b with two HP Compaq LA2006x monitors connected; one monitor connected directly and the second via an HP USB Graphics Adapter (model # NL571AA). Upon attempting to configure the monitors in the same way with my 6445b, my laptop crashes presenting the 'blue' screen. When I attempt to connect without the adapter, the computer appears to see the 3rd monitor but will not connect. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
JRaab
Beginner

Wanted to throw in my two cents on this and see if anyone has resolved the issue. I recently started as the new "IT guy" for a company and cannot get this same setup to work with two workstations that I rebuilt however I have 4 others with the exact same config and it works. Here is what I know:

The stations that work have the following setup:

Driver Revision Date: Dec 2012 (don't know where to find this)

(2) display port to DVI on docking station

(1) VGA on docking station

I believe the VGA needed because of the low frequency however the latest drivers from HP install version 8.15.10.2712 that has a date of April 2012, not Dec 2012 like the working stations have.

Win7 picks up the 3 monitor however nothing will display. I have forced the monitor to VGA input on the display that won't work.

I'm at a loss, did anyone figure this out?

0 Kudos
JRaab
Beginner

Did you ever figure this out?

0 Kudos
TheRealZorro
Beginner

Did you ever figure this out?        :3

Have the same issues.

I know its 6 years later but mby you have something that can help me?

Im this "IT Guy" too and one of my customers have the same equipment you had 2015 and he want 3 monitors.

I allready do some Updates (graphic driver, bios, display driver) 

- Same laptop

- Same dockingstation

- Same Cabel connections     

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

If you want to support three monitors, the two external monitors must be connected to a single, native DisplayPort interface. These monitors can be connected using DisplayPort Daisy-Chaining (presuming at least one of these monitors actually supports this capability) or an MST Hub device with multiple monitor interfaces. In fact, DisplayPort Daisy-Chaining also utilizes a MST Hub. This MST Hub is located within the first monitor (the one connected to the system's DisplayPort interface) and it handles (and multiplexes) both the DisplayPort stream for the local monitor and the DisplayPort stream for the second monitor (made available via a second DisplayPort connector).

It can be costly to purchase DisplayPort monitors that contain the MST Hub necessary to support Daisy-Chaining. It is, in fact, more cost-efficient to purchase an external MST Hub device that provides the two (or three) connectors needed for the monitors. Versions of these devices are available supporting both DisplayPort and HDMI monitors. Here are examples:

DP to 2x DP: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084641DFB

DP to 2x HDMI: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0845X7J72

From what I can see, the dock has two DP interfaces and I would presume that the dock provides the MST Hub that allows these two interfaces to be used simultaneously. I do not understand why this isn't working for you or the original OP. It is typical that the VGA and DVI connectors will use the same DisplayPort channel from the processor and thus only one of them can be used. I would say stay away from these connectors completely; use the DisplayPort interfaces.

Hope this helps.

...S

0 Kudos
Jeremi_Roivas
Beginner

Hi, I have same issue using docking station that has display port, dvi, d-sup connectors.

I have tried adding 2 monitors to hp 6570p and run to issues also:

1. Using displayport and dvi the windows displaysettings sees DVI display but cannot display it

2. Using displayport 2 MST 1.2 active hub (1x3) the displays are only copied, windows cant see even 2 displays. Theres no way to use extending mode on display 2 as extend mode is general settings and since monitors dislay same screen at extended mode.

Im starting to debunk manual that up to 3 monitors can be connected to be bull.

0 Kudos
Jeremi_Roivas
Beginner

Too add specks:

intel core i5

intel hd4000 graphics

windows10

I found no way to edit my post so posted new reply.

0 Kudos
Jeremi_Roivas
Beginner
BIOS
Version
Default System BIOS
Date
4/15/2019
MOTHERBOARD
Manufacturer
Hewlett-Packard
Model
17AB
Version
KBC Version 42.38
OPERATING SYSTEM
Edition
Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-bittinen)
Version (Build)
21H2 (10.0.19044)
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

How are you connecting this MST Hub to the system? It better be to a 'true' DisplayPort port.

...S

0 Kudos
Jeremi_Roivas
Beginner

Yes Displayport 1.2 mst hub connects directly to behind laptop displayport connector. From there has 3 outputs but 2 displays works as copymode only, windows cant seen 2 displays connected. I start to think this laptop has displayport 1.1 which uses only singlechannel rather than 1.2 has multichannel.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Hhmmm, it is certainly possible that I am remembering our testing with the 4th gen NUCs, not the 3rd. I am 65, after all, and brainfarts are getting more (and more) common - especially lately with the (really good) drugs I am on after wiping out and tearing my quad tendon a few weeks ago.

A former co-worker just texted me, reminding me that the 3rd gen NUC had both a TBT port, which could support two monitors, and an HDMI port, which could support a third. That may be the three-monitor setup that I am remembering... 

...S

0 Kudos
Jeremi_Roivas
Beginner
0 Kudos
Jeremi_Roivas
Beginner
orts
  • VGA - One
  • DisplayPort - One (UMA: v1.1a; discrete: v1.2)
  • Stereo microphone port - One
  • Stereo headphone port - One
  • Power connector - One
  • Secondary battery connector - One
  • Docking connector - One
  • RJ-45 (Ethernet) - One
  • RJ-11 (Modem)- One
  • 1394a - One
  • USB 3.0 - Two
  • USB 2.0 - Two
  • eSATA/USB 2.0 combo port - One
  • Serial port - One

Ok I have integrated hd4000 graphics and not discrete radeon gfx card. So I guess this models has only displayport 1.1 which do not support multichanneling only singlechannel. Only option is to buy external usb3 to hdmi adapter now to optain 2nd display.

0 Kudos