Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Iris Plus Graphics (On surface pro7 i7) not meet dedicated GPU requirements of the AI processing

WanlopN
Beginner

Hi Everyone,

I bought a new device Surface pro 7 (Core i7) and install my application name "Denoise AI" which I ever use on Surface pro 3 as normally.

But once I tried to run this application on SP7, the application crash and close itself for some reason.

Then I contact to software support and they give a describe as below. (Note. this application require 2GB of GPU as minimum)

"GPU configuration on the SP7 does not meet the dedicated GPU requirements of the AI processing".

Do you have any idea or solution for this case ?

Do we have some method to solve this issue to let this application able to run on SP7 ?

Best Regards,

Wanlopn.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello WanlopN 

We have received your internal message with a workaround for this problem, we would like to share it here for other users that might be following this thread: 

I would like to inform you that I am now able to resolve this issue by disable built-in color profile on Surface pro 7. 

Now I'm using a new color profile from my calibrate thought Spyder Pro 5 which currently application able to work normally with high performance than I ever used in Surface pro 3. 

Thank you for the outcome, based on this, we will proceed to close this inquiry. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored. 

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello WanlopN, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

Most likely if the app developers said your system does not meet the minimum requirements, the best you can do is check the recommended settings with them and check with your system manufacturer (OEM) if you can upgrade your system, however; in order to have more details from your system, please provide the following: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).  

2. Did the software support mention what are the minimum requirements for running this app? If yes, please share them with us. 

3.  Intel® graphics do not use a separate memory bank for graphics/video. Instead, the GPU uses system memory, for newer graphics, the VRAM will be limited OS to one-half of System Memory (applies for 6th generation CPUs and newer with Windows* 10), check that here. So this will depend on the physical memory installed by the OEM. 

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
WanlopN
Beginner

Hi Sebastian M ,

I attached to this reply SSU log file and screen which software seller asked me to send to them included they log files as so.

Best Regards,

WanlopN

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello WanlopN, 

Thank you for the information provided. 

We found a third-party website which shows the minimum/recommended settings for Denoise AI: 

https://help.topazlabs.com/hc/en-us/articles/360026521591-DeNoise-AI-System-Requirements 

This website shows the need of a dedicated graphics card from Nvidia* or AMD*. Based on this and due to the fact that the software support mentioned your GPU does not meet the requirements, we can say your system is just not compatible with the software.   

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied. 

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello WanlopN 

We have received your internal message with a workaround for this problem, we would like to share it here for other users that might be following this thread: 

I would like to inform you that I am now able to resolve this issue by disable built-in color profile on Surface pro 7. 

Now I'm using a new color profile from my calibrate thought Spyder Pro 5 which currently application able to work normally with high performance than I ever used in Surface pro 3. 

Thank you for the outcome, based on this, we will proceed to close this inquiry. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored. 

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos