Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Iris Windows 10 100.8783 BREAKS gzDOOM Vulkan support

akidd
Beginner

I have a Dell XPS 2-in-1 I bought about 6 months ago.   GzDOOM 4.4.2 (or any subsequent dev builds) did not work with the Dell installed Iris drivers.   Floors and some entities are either invisible or just black.  I installed 100.857 and it works correctly.

I have since upgraded to 100.873 and it is broken again.  Reinstall 100.857 and it works again.

I tried clean installs of gzDoom with no configuration changes other thank enabling Vulkan as the render.   You can reproduce 100%

• Add to Phrasebook

• No word lists for English -> Swedish...

• Create a new word list...
  • Copy
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RonaldM_Intel

Hello @akidd 

I am able to reproduce the issue. See this video of my lab test.

You could revert to driver 100.8476 or 100.8587, or if you prefer maintaining the latest driver you could switch the API to OpenGL, but only as temporary workaround so you can keep killing those pesky demons!

I'll report this to our driver dev team ASAP. I can't promise any particular outcome but if there is any news or update I'll post it here.

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to us.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
akidd
Beginner

NOT FIXED in 27.20.100.8853 update

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hi @akidd 

I have fantastic news! We already have a fix for this issue checked-in our latest internal driver build. Actually I was able to test it myself and confirm is a winner!

I am estimating this build to be available in downloadcenter.intel.com by late January 2021 (dates might change though) so please stay tuned. I have also requested this fix to be noted in the driver's Release Notes.

Thank you for patience and for your contribution towards making a better product for everyone!

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

RonaldM_Intel

Hi again @akidd 

The fix for this issue is already on driver 27.20.100.9126

Best Regards,

0 Kudos