Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Iris Xe - Event 4101 - Igfxn stopped responding

Jahoker
Beginner

Hello,

I've a Dell 5320 laptop (11th gen Intel i5, Iris Xe, 16GB RAM) which has the latest W10 updates (all checked today), also latest Dell drivers and BIOS and the latest Intel provided drivers (though the same issue happens on OEM display drivers).

My issue is that a cycling game I play "Zwift" (zwift.com) will consistently experience a crash, which could be 5 minutes in to riding, or 1.5hrs. The result is always the same with Event 4101 being reported and the Intel driver crashing. At the time the crash happens my screen will go black and 5 seconds later I can again see the display - the issue is that this process puts Zwift in an unrecoverable state and therefore I "lose" the effort and ride information which is troubling.

I can run Zwift on my Surface Pro 6 (i5, Intel 620 HD) without any stability issues at all. Same drivers, same Zwift version, same version of Windows 10.

How do I report this and is the Iris Xe driver really in such a poor state of maturation that I should expect this? Happy to provide logs if it helps!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Jahoker,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order for us to look for a resolution, can you please provide the following reports and information:

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU)

Instructions

• Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information
  • By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". 
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". 

DXDIAG

Instructions

• Go to Start > Run or Windows Key + R.
  • On the Run prompt, type "dxdiag" then click OK.
  • On the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window, click on Save All Information.
  • Browse to a folder, type in a filename then click Save.

-Intel® Graphics report

Instructions link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html

Notes:

• With the graphics report, you don’t have to send both reports from both tools, just the one that you currently use (If applicable).
  • You can use the option under the reply window to attach the reports and any other files to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).

1. Do you remember if this issue happened after a new OS update or driver update?
  2. What steps do you take to reproduce your issue? Please provide as many details as possible.
  3. Have you contacted the support for Zwift to see if they have issues reported on platforms such as yours?
  4. Would you mind providing me pictures or if possible, a video of the issue, any extra logs you have will be helpful as well?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Jahoker,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Please let me know if you need further assistance.  

Best regards,

Victor G. 

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Jahoker

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Daijo
Beginner

I'm not Jahoker, but I have this same issue since months and every day. Maybe since upgraded to windows 11. See attachments.

Second issue is damaged preview thumbnails from taskbar. See https://answers.microsoft.com/de-de/windows/forum/all/windows-11-taskbar-vorschaugrafiken-sind/be15612f-9c59-4f5c-8df0-6badb9e94393

0 Kudos
Jeff__
Beginner

I have run into the same trouble on a Lenovo Thinkpad 12th gen Intel chipset (i7-1255U).  I have an open case with Intel about this although it is unclear that is going to lead to a resolution. Not sure whether either of the other posters found a resolution for this trouble.

0 Kudos