Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

Iris Xe Graphics - 21:9 monitor

sergiogmf
Beginner

Hello,

I've this setup:
   • notebook - Dell Inspiron 3501 with i5-1135G7 and Iris Xe Graphics
   • monitor - LG Ultrawide 29UM67 plugged in the hdmi
   • all drivers updated

This LG monitor support 2560 x 1080 (60p Hz) and this info appears at the information tab of Intel Graphics Command Center. Although, the max resolution available to set for this display is 1920 x 1080. The Command Center doesn't let me create a custom resolution accusing "bad parameters" and says that the display has a fixed aspect  ratio of 16:9.

Could I get some help in this subject?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Victor_G_Intel

Hello sergiogmf,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

To better assist you can you please provide the following reports and information:

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU)

• Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information
  • By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  

Note: You can use the option under the reply window to attach the report and any other files to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).

DXDIAG 

• Go to Start > Run or Windows Key + R. 
  • On the Run prompt, type "dxdiag" then click OK. 
  • On the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window, click on Save All Information. 
  • Browse to a folder, type in a filename then click Save. 

Intel® Graphics report

Instructions

Note: With the graphics report you don’t have to send reports from both tools just the one that you currently use.

1. Did you make sure that your monitor has the latest firmware available from the manufacturer’s website?
  2. Were you ever able to use the 2560 x 1080 (60p Hz) resolution before? Or is this the first time that you have tested this configuration?
  3. Are you using any adapters, converters, or docking stations to connect the laptop to the monitor or are you using a straight-through connection with an HDMI to HDMI cable?
  4. Please provide the exact brand, type of cable, adapter, converter or docking station being used and if possible, let us know if it’s certified.
  5. If you choose to use only the second monitor by using the Windows key + P command does it allow you to choose the supported resolution?
  6. What driver do you use the ones from our website or the ones coming from Dell’s website?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
sergiogmf
Beginner
  1. Did you make sure that your monitor has the latest firmware available from the manufacturer’s website?
    Yes. No update availabe.
  2. Were you ever able to use the 2560 x 1080 (60p Hz) resolution before? Or is this the first time that you have tested this configuration?
    Yes. I used this resolution on a MSI GE620DX notebook.
  3. Are you using any adapters, converters, or docking stations to connect the laptop to the monitor or are you using a straight-through connection with an HDMI to HDMI cable?
    Straight-through connection with an HDMI to HDMI cable.
  4. Please provide the exact brand, type of cable, adapter, converter or docking station being used and if possible, let us know if it’s certified.
    link <Cabo HDMI 3 Metros v1.4 Smart Company | Dell Brasil>
  5. If you choose to use only the second monitor by using the Windows key + P command does it allow you to choose the supported resolution?
    No. Neither duplicate nor extend.
  6. What driver do you use the ones from our website or the ones coming from Dell’s website?
    I tested both. Same results.
0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello sergiogmf,

Thank you for your response.

Please take into account that most devices will support any resolution and refresh rate up to the maximum value listed on our website; however, laptop customizations and monitor capabilities can vary that.

If you are using multiple displays in clone or duplicate mode, is normal that you can’t select that resolution because you can only select a resolution supported by all displays and, your laptop doesn’t support it; nonetheless, if the issue presents itself with the second monitor only option this issue could be related to the laptop’s customization.

Based on your chipset, monitor capabilities, and manufacturer configurations, your maximum supported resolution can vary, in this case since you have tested with both the OEM and the generic driver and, the issue persists. What we recommend is the following:

• You can try using other high-quality cables, some low-quality/low bandwidth cables may limit the maximum resolution possible.

Note: According to the monitor’s manual the recommended HDMI cable types are High-Speed HDMI®/TM Cable or High-Speed HDMI®/TM Cable with Ethernet.

• In case that the latest ones didn’t work you can use the instructions to test the previous driver from both Dell and Intel.

Notes:

1. After you download the drivers disconnect from the Internet, so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update while the instructions are been followed.
  2. The previous OEM driver will be version 27.20.100.8680, A00 and our version can be found here.

If none of the previous steps work you can either contact LG’s support to see if they have any further recommendations to try with the monitor or you can also contact Dell's support directly so they can provide further advice.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos
sergiogmf
Beginner

I contacted Dell's support and they couldn't figure it out.

Reading forums, it seams to be an issue with the hdmi pins of the notebook's connector. So I decided to return it and get another hardware.

Thanks for all the help,
Sergio

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello sergiogmf,

Thank you for your response.

We are glad to know you have found the root of the issue and, we appreciate that you share it here in the forum. Since the thread is now solved, we will proceed to close it.

If you need any additional information, you are more than welcome to submit a new question, just remember that this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Victor G. 

0 Kudos