Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20496 Discussions

Iris Xe and Dark Souls 3 crashes

MHIRO
Beginner

Hello everyone,

I just bought a Surface Laptop 4 i7 with CPU: Intel Core i7-1185G7 GPU: Intel Iris Xe, 16GB 

I am normally a console gamer (Switch) and wanted to try Dark Souls 3.  I heard some posts about people being able to run the game on Iris Xe on low settings.  I can't get the game to run for more than a few minutes before it crashes.  I know this is not a powerhouse gaming laptop but it seems like I have everything but the GPU for this game and was hoping someone could assist with this problem. 

I have reviewed a few other posts so wanted to include a few details about my system as well.  Maybe someone could take a look at see if I just don't have the guts to run this thing?

My driver is up to date.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MHIRO
Beginner

I'm even using these custom low settings via Intel Gaming Command Center.  Sad I know.  

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello MHIRO,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

After reviewing the different reports that you provided and, checking our gameplay.intel.com website we realized that even though your system is up to date,  according to our end this game is not available for your hardware; therefore, what you can do is to either contact the game developer to see if they can provide a valid configuration for your system or you can also try the recommendations in the following link.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello MHIRO,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Please let me know if you need further assistance.  

Best regards,

Victor G. 

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos
MHIRO
Beginner

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.  I did receive your message.  Thank you for the response.  I was disappointed but not entirely suprised.

MEH

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello MHIRO, 

Thank you so much for your response, I hope that either the laptop manufacturer or the recommendations from the link shared can help you.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos