Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Is the Intel HD Graphics 4000 graphics card a DisplayPort 1.2 graphics card with MST support and Dual Mode DP++ function?

LDRAG
Beginner

I want to connect 2 external monitors to my Lenovo X1 Carbon laptop and therefore extend (NOT duplicate) my desktop to 3 displays: 1 internal laptop display + 2 external displays. I've attached my system information.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

According to Intel website , hd graphics 4000 supports two external monitors

ports are available

eDP/DP/HDMI/SDVO/CRT

But I not know the version of ports .Let intel users will reply to you with more details

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The DisplayPort outputs of the 3rd generation Core processors with Intel HD Graphics 4000 support appear to be compliant with (only) DisplayPort specification 1.1a. Since MST support was not introduced until the DisplayPort 1.2 specification, I would conclude that, with only a single mDP connector, your laptop cannot support two external monitors. This jives with the User's Guide for the 1st gen Lenovo X1 Carbon laptop, which discusses only dual (internal + one external) monitor configurations.

Sorry,

...S

0 Kudos