Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20590 Discussions

Issue with Intel Graphics Windows 10 DCH Drivers Version: 27.20.100.9466

Robert_Feller
Beginner

Dear all,

I wanted to flag that Version: 27.20.100.9466 (16-04-2021) of the DCH graphics driver causes my laptop (XPS 13 9300) to crash and especially freeze. The screen constantly freezes and can only be unfrozen by pressing the power button for a long time. However, within a minute, the screen freezes again. As this was unworkable for me, I uninstalled it and went back to the previous DCH graphics driver. So far, I haven't seen an update after Version: 27.20.100.9466, so apparantly, this issue has not been reported (on a large scale). Would be great if this issue could be addressed so I can still update to the newest DCH graphics driver.

Thanks in advance. 

Robert

Labels (1)
4 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Robert_Feller,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

· Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-  

· Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

· To save your scan, click Next and click Save.  

2. Provide the Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers: 

-  https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html

3. Have you tried with the drivers from the laptop manufacturer?

4. Have you run all Windows updates, including optional updates?

Best regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Robert_Feller
Beginner

Dear Deivid,

Thank you kindly for your reply. 

1/2. See attached the requested reports. 

3. Yes, but I also make use of the Intel Driver & Support Assistant. Through this, the update is pushed.

4. Yes, all Windows updates have been run. 

Much obliged.

Robert

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Robert_Feller, 

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Robert_Feller, 

I would like to let you know that based on our research this issue is related to incompatible drivers. The Intel drivers are generic and may or not work on custom devices (laptops), this is because the manufacturer takes our drivers and customize them to work perfectly with their systems by adding/removing/blocking features from the generic drivers.

This is the reason why we advise using the drivers from the laptop manufacturer. Also, the driver now installed is the BETA version, please install driver 27.20.100.9079 for your DELL system.

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-cr/product-support/product/xps-13-9300-laptop/drivers

For more details, I recommend you to get in contact with DELL.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos