Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Issue with the HP Spectre x360 15-ch006nf - and Radeon RX Vega M GL Graphics

idata
Employee

Hi,

I'm from France, and i have an issue with my laptop, when i'm using my laptop for games like : Diablo 3, World Of Warcraft.... or every software using 3D engine....

The issue : Windows stop a few minutes after using it with games, with this error : VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE : atikmpag.sys

Here what i have tried to solve :

1 - HP TEST

2 - DRIVERS UPDATE :

Radeon™ RX Vega M Graphics

Version: 18.9.1 (Latest)

3 - I tried to reduce the graphics on every games, and still the same.

I know is not a gaming laptop, but event i could'nt use it at full graphics in games, it should'nt stop like the, at the best laging but not crash ??? don't you think?

They say with this graphic card it's an card like the GeForcre 1050 so it can handle some gaming without craching, right?

What can i do ?

4 - I tried to contact HP SUPPORT but tey say it's normal because is not a gaming laptop...

Please help me...

Best Regards

Tanis

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Tanis34,

Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities.

I can see that you are experiencing crashing with an error that says " VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE ".

In this case, what I can recommend you to do is to contact HP* and ask them to guide you so you can do a clean installation of both graphics drivers. This is because your system seems to have hybrid graphics, which need a certain order for installing the drivers. This is the reason why it is recommended to contact them for further instructions. This error message seems to point at a driver controller's problem, possibly a driver one.

Once done following HP's instructions for the clean installation, let me know the outcome please.

Regards,

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks David,

But like i said : 4 - I tried to contact HP SUPPORT but tey say it's normal because is not a gaming laptop...

I have also try to remove totaly the drivers (both : Intel(R) HD Graphic 630 and Radeon RX Vega M GL Graphics ) and reinstal, first the Intel(R) HD Graphic 630 and after the Radeon RX Vega M GL Graphics.

I have follow those instructions : https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/HP-Spectre-x360-Vega-M-VIDEO-TDR-FAILURE-ATIKMPAG-SYS/td-p/6675659/page/3 https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/HP-Spectre-x360-Vega-M-VIDEO-TDR-FAILURE-ATIKMPAG-SYS/td-p/6675659/page/3

But it's the same issue.

Other Idea ?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Tanis34,

Thank you for your response.

I understand of course your position, however, when it comes to hybrid graphics it is needed that the manufacturer helps you with the re-installation. In this case, it is recommended to do a clean installation of the drivers. I understand you mentioned that they said it's normal because of the laptop not being gamer, but in this case they have to help you with re-installation the graphics drivers, specially since you mentioned before that it happens with any software that uses 3D engine.

Regards,

David V

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Tanis34,

I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you.

Were you able to contact the manufacturer so that they could help you with the re-installation of the graphics drivers?

If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,

David V

0 Kudos