Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20994 Discussions

Issues with Intel Arc Control

Wys_Leigh
Beginner

So I don't really know what has happen. a few months ago Intel Arc Control i think was added to my laptop and i have had no issues with it. But the last few weeks (2 weeks if not a bit longer) I have had a lot of issues. I kept loosing my Predator Sense on my laptop and so i would have to reset back a few days to get it back. but then Intel Arc through a recent update messed up and hasn't been the same the last few weeks. I don't remember what update it was on around the end of september but now if i get a update i get old updates from 2022, 2021 and 2020. so idk how to fix things. but can some one help me. 

I have Nividia Geforce Experience, Intel Arc Control and Intel Driver & Support Assistant I use for updates to drivers and stuff. Idk if i have done something wrong. idk what the fix is. But if i can't fix it soon i am going to have to take it to best buy. I have had to reset laptop back a few times for the Predator sense issues. ive tried to uninstalll and reinstall Arc Control a few times and it doesn't seem to help. I don't know where the post is now that i was following that seemed like someone else was having simular issues. but hopefully something is going on. cause last i read was at the end of september they may have been a new intel arc crontrol version but like i said i haven't had it say a current date for the last week or so. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Wys_Leigh,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I want to understand what happened just as much as you do. 

I would like to have a better view of this issue, I will need you to provide the following information:

1. What is the brand and model name of your graphics card?

2. What is the brand and model name of your processor?

3. Are you using a laptop or desktop computer? Can you provide the model?

4. What is the operating system installed, as well as the version and build?

5. Can you provide specific details regarding your issue with Arc Control?

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Wys_Leigh
Beginner

okay first of all i am not the best with tech so this will be hard for me to answer. so will try and answer it the best i can.

i run speccy and so this is where i am getting info from. not sure which is right sorry. 

- for the graphics i see a few - Intel Iris XE Graphics and then Nvidia Geforce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU

- for the processor I think its - Intel Processor 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700H

- for the info on what i own - Its a laptop (i mentioned this in the first post along with other info that you might wanna go back and read so that i don't have to repeat myself a lot) Its a laptop - Acer Predator Helios 300 - Predator PH315-55

- for the operating system - its Windows 11 Home 64 -bit, Installed on 12/7/2022

The issues I have should all be in the first post i made...i really hate repeating myself and by you asking again makes me feel you all don't read messages well. 

Will recopy and past some details from the first post, i don't know what else to say and how to explain issues. I just need help getting the current intel arc control driver version on my arc control. it is dated right now - driver installed - 30.0.101.1029 dated 11/3/2021. and according to google the recent one should say something like -31.0.101.4824. so i can't get it to update right. idk what is going on. but this is what the info i put in the first post so please read this so that maybe it helps you -

all info from first post - (PLEASE READ!!) - 

So I don't really know what has happen. a few months ago Intel Arc Control i think was added to my laptop and i have had no issues with it. But the last few weeks (2 weeks if not a bit longer) I have had a lot of issues. I kept loosing my Predator Sense on my laptop and so i would have to reset back a few days to get it back. but then Intel Arc through a recent update messed up and hasn't been the same the last few weeks. I don't remember what update it was on around the end of september but now if i get a update i get old updates from 2022, 2021 and 2020. so idk how to fix things. but can some one help me. 

I have Nividia Geforce Experience, Intel Arc Control and Intel Driver & Support Assistant I use for updates to drivers and stuff. Idk if i have done something wrong. idk what the fix is. But if i can't fix it soon i am going to have to take it to best buy. I have had to reset laptop back a few times for the Predator sense issues. ive tried to uninstalll and reinstall Arc Control a few times and it doesn't seem to help. I don't know where the post is now that i was following that seemed like someone else was having simular issues. but hopefully something is going on. cause last i read was at the end of september they may have been a new intel arc crontrol version but like i said i haven't had it say a current date for the last week or so. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Wys_Leigh, 

Thanks for your response, I am sorry for the inconvenience. however, in your original post, you mentioned "Predator Sense" and this is just a utility tool if I look for "Acer Predator" it gives me several options. I just to make sure I have the right information and I am sorry if my questions are bothering you.

From your original posts, you mentioned you are having issues with the Arc Contol (you were losing Predator Sense and the tool hasn't been the same the last few weeks), from my understanding this means that the Arc Control is causing the Predator tool to disappear and the fact that the toll is not behaving, as usual, could mean that is crashing, not responding, not saving changes, does not have the options it used to has, is affecting the color of your screen, etc. I do appreciate your confirmation and letting me know that you only need to install the latest update for the Arc Control.

I know that you have reinstalled this tool several times, however, I would like to confirm if you used the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU). If not, please try this option and then reinstall the Arc drivers.

Thank you so much for your time and understanding

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
Wys_Leigh
Beginner

what is a Display Driver Uninstaller. i don't know what that is and don't really wanna put something on my laptop that i don't know. idk what that has to do with getting the right version of Intel Arc Control which is what i need help with. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Wys_Leigh, 

Thanks for your response. In this case, the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) is our safe tool to properly uninstall drivers and the Arc Control, after you uninstall them, you should perform a clean install of the drivers. This is because the installer will install the Intel Graphics driver and Intel Arc Control components. I also recommend you reboot the system once the driver installation is complete. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Wys_Leigh, 

I am following up because I want to know if you were able to use the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to uninstall the driver and Arc Control. Were you able to install the latest driver?

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Wys_Leigh
Beginner

i am sorry i have been very busy this week with family stuff and real life stuff. to much going on to sit down and try and figure things out. so the Display Driver Uninstaller is safe cause i thought i read somewhere else not to use it. so i just don't know what to do. i am not tech smart. but i don't understand why my arc control doesn't have the right verision like it use to. so its just very confusing to try and understand and do stuff. so if you give me til atleast saturday evening  to kind of look into stuff and try and sit down and do stuff then i can get back with you saturday night or sunday morning. but you want me to use the Display Driver Uninstaller to uninstall what just arc control?? and then where do i go to get a new version of arc control?? cause ive uninstalled it and reinstalled it a few times not with the Display Driver Uninstaller and arc controll still doesn't show the current version. so idk. sorry. im just confused and the week has been long and busy. sorry i haven't been able to reply til now.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Wys_Leigh, 

I understand you need more time to try the recommendation, take your time, and do not worry. In this case, the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) will uninstall both drivers and Arc Control, when you install the latest driver this will also install the Arc Control tool.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
Wys_Leigh
Beginner

thanks i will get back to you by sunday. just have had a busy week and been hard to find time to sit down and take care of laptop stuff. hopefully tomorrow i will have some time to do everything and give it 24 hours from then to see if things stick. 

so i just need to worry about these links here for uninstall things and the reinstall....that will cover everything and i don't need to go google something or do anything else to redownload things?? 

thanks for the help and i hope these are safe cause ive not heard of them before and don't like doing things i don't know and understand well.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Wys_Leigh, 

Thanks for the information. All these links are safe and will direct you to the Intel official website and provide you with everything you need to perform the update and installation.

I will be waiting for the outcome next week.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Wys_Leigh
Beginner

so i am a little bit upset and need a bit of a fast reply back if i can. no where did anyone tell me that i would have to PAY for DDU to uninstall stuff. why wouldn't you mention this especially to someone that is not tech smart and having issues. who wants to pay for something, i pay for enough things already and pretty upset that this was not mentioned. so now what?? cause i don't wanna pay for anything that i will use one time and never use again!!!

Update - I downloaded the DDU unstall the first link that was in the list of links it took me to a site where it wanted me to make a account i started to and then it took me to a page where it wanted money. sorry not doing it. i tried to do things without paying for it and it told me to hit the windows button, right click on what i download and go to uninstall and whatever. soon as i started following the steps it would lock up my settings when i got to step 3. so no i uninstalled it and while i was uninstalling it didn't act right and wasn't unistalling right. i hope it is fully off my laptop. you said it was safe, and its not. you didn't tell me it would cost me money. so give me another idea of how to fix things or i will just take arc control off my laptop as idk if i need it anyways. but i don't appreciate you all suggesting DDU and wheni ask if its safe you lie. cause well its not and no where did you tell me it cost. 

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User
Let's be clear: I downloaded and used DDU and NEVER encountered any registration or pay screens. I have a feeling thst you picked a bad place to download it from and have infected your system with something nasty. Do you have a good anti-virus application installed, one that will assist in removal?
...S
0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Wys_Leigh, 

I understand your concern. I have checked the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) and I can say that it is completely free. However, it allows anyone to donate if they want, but it is not a must.

Remember to download the new driver version prior to performing the following steps where I did not encounter any payment request:

Open link> V18.0.6.8 Released> DOWNLOAD & SUPPORT> Download DDU "Installer"> run the file as administrator> Follow the installer instruction> select device tipe> Clean and restart

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Wys_Leigh, 

I am following up to confirm if you were able to follow the steps provided or if you encountered any other issues with the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU). If so, let me know to check for any alternative steps to troubleshoot your issue with the Arc control.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Wys_Leigh, 

I was checking your thread and noticed that we have not heard back from you. I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new thread. 

I also recommend you check with Acer to confirm if there was an internal update that could affect the Arc Controls and Predator Sense.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos