Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20763 Discussions

Issues with intel iRIS Xe Display Adaptor Drivers since April 12th 2024

Tatibodandi
Novice

Since April 12th, my computer has been on the fritz, possibly due to windows updates, but it's definitely an issue with my graphics card and/or display adaptor drivers.

I've tried updating, uninstalling, reinstalling, and even resetting my windows OS which has removed all of my third party software/ programs/ applications and the issues are still persisting.

Black screen flashes, Black rectangles flashing over the screen, VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE Blue Screens, DPC WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Blue Screens, games closing etc.

I couldn't even reset my OS until I uninstalled the display adaptor drivers because my computer kept crashing while it the OS was installing.

I've been trying to fix this is everyway possible all month and nothing is working. Please, Please help me out! I've followed tutorials, threads, even contacted Microsoft, Asus and Intel and all I want to do is play games on my computer... Which was fine until around the 12th, when I tried to play a game while streaming it over Discord and that's when everything started. 

My graphics card is Intel iRIS Xe, I've reinstalled the most recent intel drivers for it (Intel Coporation -Display - 30.0.101.3111) and no joy. I'm running Windows 11 Home Version 23H2 and my computer is an ASUS VivoBook 15 - Model X515EA.

Isssues do not persist when display adaptor is uninstalled (as far as I am aware).

Additionally, the Windows Updates that could be the culprits or aggravating factors are:

KB4023057

KB2267602 v. 1.409.447.0

KB5007651 v. 1.0.2402.27001

KB4052623 v. 4.18.24030.9

Does anyone have any advice ore has anyone been struggling with the same issues? I'm not massively great at this stuff, but I've been trying really hard to fix this both by myself and with help. Much appreciated, thank you for reading!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Tatibodandi, 

Thank you for posting in our communities.

If possible, please generate an SSU report to help me further analyze important details on your system, the errors logged in the system, your graphics driver version, etc. To generate the SSU report, please refer to the article: How to get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows*. Please send us the generated SSU.txt file.

By the way, may I know the method that you use when you try to update your graphics driver? Was it a manual installation? If yes, may I have the link to where you can get the graphics driver that is currently installed on your system? This is to check if you have installed the correct graphics driver for your system.

We look forward to your response! 

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Tatibodandi
Novice

Hi there, sorry for only now replying.

I have been able to login after a few blue screens and managed to disable my display adaptor drivers and that enabled me to keep my computer on long enough to generate an SSU report!

I have tried installing the drivers through windows, from my laptops manufacturer's website and from intel (I believe but I can't remember).

The website I got the current (I think?) driver from which is currently disabled is:

VivoBook 15 (X1500, 11th gen Intel)|Laptops For Home|ASUS Global

Will the fact that the driver is currently disabled affect the SSU report? I cannot run my computer while it's enabled...

Thank you so much for your time, patience and expertise! I really appreciate your looking into this issue.

Attached is the SSU text file.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Tatibodandi, 

We are checking in with you to see if you already have the answers to our questions so we can further isolate our issue.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Tatibodandi, 

We are checking in with you, as we have not heard any response from you. 

Thank you, and have a great day! 

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Tatibodandi, 

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this enquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos