Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Known issue regarding INtel Display Audio not mentioned in last two driver releases. Will this ever be fixed?

itsme
New Contributor I

Hi,

in release notes for driver versions 100.7158 and 100.7217 a well know issue with Intel Audio Driver was listen in release notes:

• Some games may not have audio using Intel Display Audio in full screen mode when the resolution is different than what is set in Windows or Intel Graphics Command Center.

But in the last two driver releases this issue is not mentioned anymore. And sadly it has definately not been fixed. So can we expect to get a proper fix for this issue soon?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AdrianM_Intel

Hello itsme,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. 

To better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer.

Please run the following tools and attach the reports generated:

1. Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU)

• Intel® SSU Download link
  • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".

2. DXDIAG

• Go to Start > Run or Windows Key + R.
  • On the Run prompt, type "dxdiag" then click OK.
  • On the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window, click on Save All Information.
  • Browse to a folder, type in a filename then click Save.

3. Please answer the following questions:

• What are the names of the games you are experiencing issues with?
  • Just to confirm are those driver versions 100.7158 and 100.7217 from the system manufacturer or Intel generic drivers? 
  • Please provide clear steps to reproduce the issue.

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
itsme
New Contributor I

Thank you Adrian,

this was more an inquiry about the 'issue' not been mentioned as known issue in the latest two recent driver's released notes.

I guess Intel already got plenty of log files from many users about this issue.

It seems like Intel unfortunately is not willig to do anything about this and is stil pointing to developers.

While this might be the correct way to go for new or still maintained software, it's not working for old software (i.e. games).

A more pragmatic way forward would be greatly appreciated. Maybe make an option avaiilable in control panel to get back the old logic?

See this advisory, this pretty much describes the issue. It's not just HDMI, I'm using DIsplay Port to connect my display.

You might also take a look at this discussion and Roland's reply.

A more pragmatic approach was described here by User HZull.

The NUC line is pretty nice and small computing platform and is powerful enough for emulating old systems or playing old games.

No one is buying NUCs to play modern games, the IGPs are simply not powerfull enough. So it's really a shame that for now two years Intel video drivers are preventing this in many cases. I am told, that NVidia or AMD drivers do not have this issues.

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello,

I would like to jump in and confirm that Intel is looking to work around this situation using our driver code but is still a work in progress with no ETA for implementation.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel

Hello itsme,

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let me know if you need more assistance. 

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel

Hello itsme,

Thank you for your answer.

I would like to confirm if you have tested the following driver versions to further investigate this issue:

26.20.100.7323 & 26.20.100.7372.

If possible please attach an Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) report.

Regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel

Hello itsme,

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let me know if you need more assistance. 

Regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos