Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20600 Discussions

LG 27UD58 4K Monitor slows down my desktop

idata
Employee

Hi

Recently I got a 4K monitor (LG 27UD58-B) that I connected to my current desktop (HP Prodesk 400 G4 - i5-7500, Intel HD Graphics 630, 8 GB of RAM, 256 GB Samsung EVO SSD HDD).

The monitor is connected to the computer via the supplied DisplayPort cable that came with the monitor.

Installed the LG driver from their website, using the Intel HD Graphics control panel I can see that the monitor is set to the correct resolution of 3840x2160 @ 60Hz refresh rate.

However, the computer is being slowed down tremendously. I feel like the RAM memory is at 90% at all times.

The switch between different windows is very slow now.

What is wrong with my setup ?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello DRO0412,

Thank you for joining the Graphics Community. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with this matter.

Is possible that you set up is missing some drivers, this since it should handle this resolution. Provide the following report https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- Download Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* in order to check some updates for your computer model.

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" in the top right corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear in the bottom right corner of the response box.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/119976 DRO0412,

If you need further assistance let us know.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos