Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

Laptop stürzt ab währrend Grafiktreiber installation

flozirkus
Beginner

Hi,

I've got an HP 15-ap102ng with Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U with Win10 Home 64bit installed. Acc. datasheets of the laptop an Intel® HD Graphics 620 should be integrated.

After / during a Win update last fall, to my mind to 21Hx, the laptop crashed (turned on but fully black screen). I made it run again only with a new win installation (21Hx), but could not install the right graphic driver, neither with HP nor with Intel installation tool nor manual - everytime the screen turns black during installation and only a hard reset makes it run again. After that it starts with the basic win graphic driver.

I did several times a full Memorytest without any problems.

As a next step I would try to make a new win 10 installation with 20Hx version. However before make the efforts I hope there are some more ideas or recommendations.

Thanks and BR

Florian

0 Kudos
5 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi Florian,

Your processor is equipped with  Intel® HD Graphics 620 integrated GPU, but according to specification your laptop is equipped with discrete AMD Radeon™ R5 M430 Graphics  as well. In this case probably the integrated GPU is disabled by default in BIOS. So, if I'm right, you need to install the AMD Graphics DriverThis is the driver download page for your laptop. 

Leon

0 Kudos
flozirkus
Beginner

Hi Leon,

thanks for your fast reply.

I recognized I had a spelling mistake in the laptop ID: it is an 15-aq102ng and entering this on the HP support sides only offers the intel drivers so I guess there is no additional graphic card installed.

I tried (again) to install each of these drivers all resulting with my screen getting black and only leaving me doing a hard reset:

flozirkus_1-1642529615704.png

Looking forward to more ideas.

THanks in advance

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

If I may offer input here, if you have already tried a clean install of the OEM drivers, it is recommended that you check with them for additional steps, as those drivers include customizations that the generic Intel drivers do not.

Regards,  

David G  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
flozirkus
Beginner

Hi David,

thanks for your feedback - just to ensure I understand you well:

by "them" you mean to check with HP?

Thanks

Florian

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Yes, HP is the system manufacturer and we recommend contacting their support directly.

Regards,  

David G  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos