Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

Laptop with Intel 620 card. Cannot get a 1080p monitor and 1440p monitor to coexist

RyanK
Beginner

Hi, so I just purchased a new 1440p monitor to attach to my Dell laptop running Win10 with an Intel 620 graphics card. I intend to continue also using a 1080p monitor already connected to the laptop. At first, everything worked and looked ok, except that my 1080p monitor was shaking (the pixels were vibrating). Then I played around with resolution settings and the shaking stopped, but now it will not let me set both the 1080p monitor to 1920x1080 AND the 1440p monitor to 2560x1440. It's either one or the other. If one looks right, the other can only have an awful looking resolution much lower than what it's capable of. They can't both be at their correct resolution at the same time. What can I do to fix this?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II
0 Kudos
RyanK
Beginner

Thanks, but this seems to be a deeper issue than a general troubleshooting page will have. I have updated to the most recent Intel Graphics drivers. It will not let me have both monitors running at the proper resolution at the same time . . . it's one or the other. 

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User
This could be a limitation of the system (or BIOS) design. Have you asked your board/system vendor about this?
...S
0 Kudos
RyanK
Beginner

I did check BIOS settings to see if anything looked like it addressed graphics settings such as this. Nothing was remotely close. I think my only solution is to upgrade my other 1080p monitor to 1440p as well. Hoping that will solve it.

0 Kudos