Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20665 Discussions

Latest Installer crashes before installing/opening

Ben444333
Beginner

So what happened, Well I went to instal latest driver version at the time being 31.0.101.4672 After downloading it, it would extract then sometimes open before crashing/closing by itself I then tried installing 31.0.101.4578 and well it installed but the Arc control would not open, I then turned off my PC and turn it back on going into the motherboard bios and turn of my IGPU which fixed it not opening how I know to turn off my IGPU I first turn it off in windows which allowed it to open but showed the wrong driver version so turning off my IGPU fixed that but it would stay I am on latest driver version which I am not and the two latest driver versions are like that too.

I have DDU "Display Driver Uninstaller" my old GPU drivers, both Intel and Nvidia

Old GPU Zotac nvidia gtx 1060

New GPU ARC A 750 8Gb

Screen one is msi mpg Artemis 273cqr curved 27inch 2k 165 Hz

Screen two is msi mag Artemis 242c curved 24inch 1080p 165 Hz

system specs are in txt file

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Ben444333

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. I know is important to be able to install the latest driver to take advantage of the latest improvements I will be glad to assist.

For these types of issues where the installer is crashing after extracting we have the following troubleshooting steps that you can try:

Intel® Arc™ Graphics Driver Installer Won't Start

I would advise trying to extract the field from the installer and do a manual installation as outlined in the article, this step should allow the installation to go through.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Ben444333

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. I know is important to be able to install the latest driver to take advantage of the latest improvements I will be glad to assist.

For these types of issues where the installer is crashing after extracting we have the following troubleshooting steps that you can try:

Intel® Arc™ Graphics Driver Installer Won't Start

I would advise trying to extract the field from the installer and do a manual installation as outlined in the article, this step should allow the installation to go through.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Ben444333
Beginner
0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Ben444333

Great to know that the manual installation of the driver, helped getting this issue resolved. Since this fixed the problem we will proceed to close this thread. Feel free to open a new topic in case you need assistance with any other issue.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Ben444333
Beginner

No any time I try and use the install it crashes, so I do it manually instead.

0 Kudos