Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Latest intel Drivers Valorant bug - UHD 630

Jaden
Beginner

After installing the latest Drivers Valorant has been stuttering every 5 seconds making the game unplayable. My fps would drop to zero and spike back up to 100 where I capped it. While playing, I was monitoring task manager where I noticed that whenever my fps would drop my gpu usage would also drop. I have all the settings on low in Valorant. I have been having this problem ever since the 3/3/2021 update where you released version 27.20.100.9316.

Not my video but am having the same exact problem 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @Jaden

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Regarding this behavior, we would like to inform you that Intel has been unable to replicate this issue on multiple systems using different processors and integrated graphics and our latest generic DCH drivers. This issue is being discussed on this Community thread

Users comment that rolling back to driver 27.20.100.8476 seems to address performance while others have reported the issue goes away when switching from a mechanical hard drive (HDD) to a Solid State Drive (SSD).

If you already tried the latest customized graphics driver provided by your computer manufacturer* (OEM) and with the latest Intel® generic graphics driver (30.0.100.9684), then we recommend joining this public thread about this behavior and this is where any relevant update will be posted if available:

Having said that, and in order to avoid duplication of efforts, please let us know if you agree to close this inquiry?

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Jaden

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos