Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

MSI SUMMIT E13FLIPEVO A11MT can not adjust screen brightness

Chiliz
Beginner

Hi, I have a laptop which is MSI SUMMIT E13FLIPEVO A11MT, after I updated the driver to 31.0.101.3222, I can not adjust the screen brightness, I ask the MSI service, and they told me that is intel driver issue, does anyone have any idea with this issue? 

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello Chiliz,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Installing the Intel generic graphics driver 31.0.101.3222/31.0.101.2111 will overwrite your computer manufacturer (OEM) customized driver. We recommend installing the driver provided by MSI, since they include customized features and solutions to platform-specific issues.

By any chance, have you tried the driver version 27.20.100.9466 from MSI website and check if you are able to adjust the screen brightness? https://www.msi.com/Business-Productivity/Summit-E13-Flip-Evo-A11X/support?sub_product=Summit-E13FlipEvo-A11MT#driver

Please let me know of the outcome.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Chiliz
Beginner

Thanks for your response. 

After installing driver from MSI website, I can adjust my screen brightness! 

But I have one more question. 

As far as I know, the newest version of the driver will fix some problems, so I always update the driver to the latest, for this brightness issue, so I can not install the latest version of the driver anymore?

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

We are glad to know you are able to adjust the brightness now.

You can always download and install our generic drivers when available, but we recommend installing the drivers provided by the device manufacturer, since those are customized for the device and the generic drivers may cause some issues with features, as in this case. This does not mean the driver is incompatible, but the OEM driver is better optimized for your device.

It is correct that the driver 31.0.101.3222/31.0.101.2111 includes some fixes for known issues from previous generic driver versions, but do you have any particular issue that got fixed when you install our latest generic drivers?

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Chiliz
Beginner

Hi, thanks for reply. 

I have fix the issue that with external monitor can not wake after sleep and duplicate mode display weird problem by updating driver.  

I'm currently use 30.0.101.1994  graphics driver without any issue. 

Is possible to fix that issue in the future? It's really disappoint that can not update driver to get better using experience with watch video or system use...

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for your response.

I can research more about that. In order to do so, please perform the following steps:

Open the application and select "Everything", click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". Please attach the file to your reply.

• Provide a screenshot or video showing the inability of adjusting screen brightness.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Chiliz
Beginner

Thanks for supporting. 

The attached files are the video and the information, the video looks brighter than reality because iPhone has an HDR function, and the screen is actually dark. 

Wish can get any fix from you, thank you for your support again. 

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for the information.

I am going to research about this. As soon as I have an update, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Chiliz
Beginner

Thanks for helping, wish to get any good news from you.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello Chiliz,

We are still working on this, could you please confirm if you are able to modify the screen brightness by using the hot key?

As well, please try changing the brightness using the Intel® Graphics Command Center. You can check how to install it here https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000055840/graphics.html

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Chiliz
Beginner

Hi, I can not change the brightness by using hotkey and the  Graphics Command Center can only change the color setting, It doesn't have any change brightness settings.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Are you able to change the brightness on the Video tab in Intel® Graphics Command Center?

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Chiliz
Beginner

Hi, thanks for the support, after installing driver with 31.0.101.3413, the brightness has been solved. Cheers! 

0 Kudos
Chiliz
Beginner

Hi, thank you for your support, Unfortunately, the everything in Video tab is locked or can not be adjusted.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

We are glad to know you found a solution, thank you for taking the time to share this fix, and hopefully, it may help other community members experiencing similar behavior. Since the thread is now solved, we will proceed to close it. 

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos