Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Macbook Pro 2010 17 inch Windows 10 HD Graphic Driver

facdisa
Beginner

Hi,

My Macbook Pro Mid 2010 17 inch

VGA Cards:

- Intel HD Graphics (Intel Core I5 M540)

- nVidia GeForece GT330M

I installed successful Windows 10 Pro on this laptop with all drivers.

But VGA (Graphics) Drivers got issue:

(This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31))

(Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43))

(Please view the image files)

I try installed many driver version but got issues and many problems.

When install HD Graphics Driver on this Macbook Pro, this being suddenly restart.

I am trying install new Windows 10 in this macbook and re-install the drivers but got same issue when install HD Graphic Driver.

Can you help me about the HD Driver Graphic for this Macbook Pro with Windows 10 OS?

Thanks.

3.png.c160e855e6c304511f47bba75a3b3e8b.png2.png.a08b624e7afd100d1ab1662821c10564.png1.png.3a8881db2c6443f7993ddae1b70f3356.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Intel does not support Windows 10 on 1st or 2nd gen processors. The Microsoft compatibility driver is provided inbox to support these generations, but, as you have seen, it has its issues. Unfortunately, there is not much that we can do to help you. Apple support may have suggestions regarding their implementation, IDK.

Sorry I don't have a better answer; it is an 11 year old design.

...S

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello @facdisa

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, I am glad to see that fellow community members have the knowledge and they jumped in and helped. You may also find the Discontinued Products website (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html) website helpful to address your request.  

You can get the specifications and verify this product's discontinuance status at the Intel® Product Specifications website > Product Status > "Discontinued". https://ark.intel.com/ 

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos