Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

Malicious Intel® Driver & Support Assistant

asoneofus
Beginner

Intel® Driver & Support Assistant has installed a non-clickable ad on top of all windows. It obstructs and obstructs the upper left corner of the screen. Cannot be removed by any means. I cannot restart the computer - work will crash in a week. It is impossible to work further. How can you remove this vile artifact?

P.S. The assistant should be removed and never used. If its "false" updates can still be tolerated, then blocking work is too much.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

asoneofus, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to this scenario, just to let you know, the Intel® Driver Support Assistant installs drivers not ads, the ad was probably installed for a different reason, maybe a Windows* update or due to another type of program or application.

So, in order to assist you to try to fix this problem, please provide the following details:

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Please provide a screenshot of the ad so we can verify further details about it and see to which application it belongs.

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, please check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello asoneofus, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello asoneofus, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos