Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20628 Discussions

Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family BSOD and Error Message

idata
Employee

<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:1; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:other; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 0 0 0 0 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0cm; margin-right:0cm; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} p {mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-margin-top-alt:auto; margin-right:0cm; mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto; margin-left:0cm; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt; line-height:115%;} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

I'm trying to run an application that makes uses of DirectX to render a 3D scene, however I'm repeatedly getting either a BSOD which reports the problem originated from the igxprd32.dll or the following error dialogue:

The igxprd32.dll driver has stopped working normally. Save your work and reboot the system to restore full display functionality. The next time you reboot the machine a dialogue will be displayed giving you a chance to upload data about this failure to Microsoft.

I've tried the application on another laptop using the same Intel graphics chipset and again I see the same errors, both laptops have the following versions of the driver:

1) igxprd32.dll 6.14.0010.4964 (English).

2) igxprd32.dll 6.14.0010.5029 (English)

To confirm it's not the application I've successfully run it on a machine with a dedicated ATI graphics card. I've noticed several posts relating to similar problems and would like to know if a fix is planned.

I look forward to a response.

Regards

Rob

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Not to sound impatient, but Intel support any thoughts on this?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Again, has anything been done to adress this issue?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have same trouble on G41 - BSOD when playing CounterSrtike (((

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

It seems quite a few people are having very similar problems, I'm surprised Intel haven't released an update (last time of look) or commented on the threads that document this issue.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have seen this problem and it is affecting computers that have a customized chipset (OEM systems like DELL*, HP*, etc) and are using the drivers provided by the Intel(R) web site.

Note that if you have a customized chipset the drivers provided by Intel(R) may not work correctly as they are generic versions made for stock chipset, you should try installing the drivers provided by your system manufacturer.

Furthermore, you should check with your system manufacturer for similar reports.

PV.

0 Kudos