Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Monitor compatibility w/ UHD 620 graphics card

TDill
Beginner

I have a laptop w/ a UHD Graphics 620 card and was wondering if I could use a secondary display w/ 3440x1440 without compromising image quality? Using the monitor for music production VSTs/apps, movies and viewing multiple spreadsheets, docs and the like. Thanks!

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What kind of laptop do you have, and what video outs do you have (vga, dvd, hdmi, dp, usb-c)?

Best to download, run, and attach the results of this utility. Then, an Intel support engineer can assist you.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Doc

0 Kudos
TDill
Beginner
It’s an HP Spectre. Here are the specs requested: 2 Thunderbolt™ 3 (Data Transfer up to 40 Gb/s, Power Delivery, DP1.2, HP Sleep and Charge); 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 (HP Sleep and Charge); 1 headphone/microphone combo Thanks for the quick response! Tim
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello TDill, Based on the information provided, you should be able to connect an external monitor to your laptop. Regarding the image quality, newer monitors and TVs often have have their own image scaling mechanism. You may need to consult with your monitor's user manual for the proper image scale option. We recommend you to install the latest graphics driver for your processor graphics and latest firmware for your monitor. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello TDill, If you have any further questions, we will be glad to help you. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello TDill, If you still need assistance, we will be happy to help you. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
LDier
Beginner

I also have the same question:

I have a Lenovo x1 carbon with a uhd 620 intel graphics chipset.

Now I want to use a 3440x1440 secondary screen (Samsung S34J55). Currently I am connecting it via HDMI, but it doesn't seem to work properly as there is a lot of cursor lag.

Why is that? Better to switch to displayport?

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello LDier,

Mouse lag can occur if the refresh rate on your built-in monitor and external monitor is different or much higher. What are the refresh rates currently set on your displays?

We also recommend:

1. User Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) drivers only since OEMs usually customize their systems.

2. Your Intel® Graphics Controller supports the configuration you are using (Built-in display and external monitor)

3. This may also occur if you are using a wireless mouse? Is it wired or wireless? Please provide the model.

4. You can also use DisplayPort* and test the performance of your configuration. If the issue occurs while gaming, using DisplayPort* is recommended, but it depends on what you are running.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello LDier, If you have any further questions, we will be glad to assist you. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Jacob93
Beginner

Kind the same question.

I have a laptop w/ Intel UHD Graphics 620 card and i'm using a Monitor 32:9 (3840x1080).

Sometimes while playing League of Legends the monitor has flicker issues.

Does the display compromise de image quality due to graphics card?

@Wanner_G_Intel 

0 Kudos