Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Monitor connected to Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 27.20.100.8190 going off for few seconds, then work again. Cycle repeats every 2 to 3 minutes. Any ideas?

JDiaz45
Beginner

I have DELL desktop with NVIDIA and Intel graphic cards, recently I realized that one of the monitors is working fine and then going of for few seconds then come back, I switched displays (to discard monitor & cable failure) and determined that the problem was always in the monitor connected to the Intel graphic card. I used the Intel (IDSA) tool to check for drivers, it found an updated driver, installed, reboot and no change, the problem still persists.

Any ideas?

Warmest regards.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello JDiaz45

Thank you for posting in the Intel Community.

·       I would like to gather more information about the configuration you have on the computer. Please attach to this thread the TXT file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

o  Steps to save the report:

1-    Run the utility.

2-    Click on “Scan” to get the scanned system.

3-    Once the scan is complete click on “next”.

4-    Use the “save” option, save the report to your desktop.

5-    To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box.

·       Can you try the system with the Microsoft basic display adapter (no intel driver installed) or in Windows® safe mode? To confirm if the behavior is persistent.

·      Does this behavior happens only in one of the video ports of the system?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello JDiaz45

Have you been able to collect the details provided and test the system with Microsoft basic display adapter?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello JDiaz45

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos