Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20624 Discussions

Monitor flickers on NUC 6I5SYH with DisplayPort

MDavi28
Beginner

Case Number 318516

0 Kudos
6 Replies
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hello MattDavis,

Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

Please let me know the model of you monitor and the resolution and refresh rate that you are using.

I suggest checking your cables first and make sure that you are using straight connection and no adapters or converters.

If you can, change the cable connecting your monitor to your computer. In some cases, a defective cable can cause the signal to break while being transmitted across the wire.

Another solution is to use a different port on the monitor to the unit, if possible. For example, if you are connecting using DisplayPort, try HDMI instead and see if that fixes the problem.

Try also lowering the refresh rate, access the Intel® HD Graphics Control Panel, click display and low the refresh rate or select F8 to set your graphics to default settings.

Please let me know if this can help you solving this problem.

Best wishes,

Ivan

0 Kudos
MDavi28
Beginner

Thank you for taking the time to help Ivan,

It is the NUC6I5SYH. I have tried 2 Dell U2415 monitors at 1920x1200 @ 60Hz and 1 Dell P2415Q monitor at 3840x2160 @ 60Hz. I have used 3 different mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort cables: the one that came with the monitor, as well as 2 3rd party cables of different brands.

Setting the refresh rate to 30Hz did not fix the issue.

Matt

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Please consult with your monitor manufacturer to see if they can provide you with a monitor.INF file for you monitor.

The INF file can help you resolve monitor or display problems.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005952.html Monitor .INF FAQ for Graphics Drivers

0 Kudos
MDavi28
Beginner

Monitor.inf has been installed with no change in symptoms.

BIOS updated as well to latest version, no change.

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Try uninstalling the graphics driver, restart your system and install the Beta driver, you can download it here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25749/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40-?product=88358 Download Intel® Beta Graphics Driver for Windows® 7/8.1/10* [15.40]

Also reinstall all of the drivers in case there is one that has not been installed correctly, you can download them here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/89190/Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC6i5SYH Drivers & Software

If that does not work try reinstalling Windows is the nuclear option. It will blow away your existing system software, replacing it with a fresh Windows system. If your computer continues to flickers after this, contact support again with your case number and request a replacement for the unit.

Best wishes,

Ivan

0 Kudos
Bryce__Intel
Employee

We've tested this on several systems [NUC's, 2-in-1's, laptops] and internal reference boards with no failures. The data so far suggests this may be a single unit failure. Have you checked in about warrantying the unit?