Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

More ram increases integrated graphics performance.

Max1233
Novice
I have a i3 m370 @ 2.4ghz it has integrated graphics. I have read that increasing ram can increase performance. I hace 3gb ram right now. If i upgrade to 8gb ram will it increase performance.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Already answered in your other thread, which you should stay with:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/I-need-latest-drivers-for-my-integrated-graphics/m-p/1251728#M93950

Short answer:  NO.  your processor is too old.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
Max1233
Novice
Well that was a disappointing answer i was hoping that increasing ram help my integrated gpu
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Increasing RAM can improve overall system performance and may improve GFX performance. The improvements are fairly small, however; certainly not enough to make a difference in what games you could play.

If applicable, a more-significant system-level improvement can be achieved by replacing your HDD with a SSD.

I do have to agree with Al, however. Spending money in stopgap fashion on systems this old is really not the answer. The only way that you are going to see a truly significant improvement in performance - especially any improvement in graphics performance or capability - requires upgrading the system to something significantly newer.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I forgot to mention - if you are using Windows 10, increasing DRAM will not help with the graphics performance at all. In this case, Intel provides no drivers for solutions this old and the Microsoft Compatibility driver that is used instead has poor performance regardless and does not provide support for many of the graphics APIs.

...S

0 Kudos