Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance and optimization
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
16865 Discussions

Motherboard and Intel processor for 4K UHD BD

frankpc
Beginner

Planning to build a new Windows 10 / 11, Intel based Home Theater PC that will play 4K UHD BD and to stream 4K UHD HDR from YouTube and stream premium HDR from Netflix.  I believe that requires:

7th to 10th generation Intel® Core™ i7/i5 processor for Desktop PC (Kaby Lake to Comet Lake) with Intel® HD Graphics 630, Intel Iris™ Graphics 640 (or higher) GPU. 

HDCP 2.2 or 2.3

HDMI 2.0a or 2.0b

Display Port 1.4

Intel SGX (includes BIOS for SGX)

HDR10

4K display (3840 x 2160 minimum) 10-bit color depth

6GB RAM minimum -- Most likely 16 GB

Are there other features to be aware of in an effort to find a motherboard and processor to meet present and foreseeable requirements?

thank you

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Probably Tiger Canyon NUC equipped with Integrated Intel Iris Xe Graphics will meet your requirements.

Leon

frankpc
Beginner

Haven't messed with a NUC before.  Looks like a nice efficient compact device.

My current HTPC uses a Silverstone case with Gigabyte ATX board.  Has DVD and bluRay drives.  And several HDD's and an SSD.  It seems due to all of those ancillary devices, I should stick with an ATX style board.

Thank you Leon!

Frank