Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

Mouse Pointer "Lag" in Dual-GPU setup with HD3000

HLepp
Novice

Hi,

Ever since recent newer graphics driver releases, my mouse pointer starts to lag/stutter on my Desktop PC with a SNB 2600K (HD3000 GPU).

I'm now running the 2761 driver (15.26.12.64.2761), and its fine. Any newer driver in the 28xx series exhibits the issue.

My setup is as following:

I have 3 screens, one (a 30" running 2560x1600) is connected to my NVIDIA GPU (GTX 680 running 310 series drivers), and the other two (24" each, 1920x1200) are connected to the Intel iGPU. The motherboard has a Z68 chipset (ASUS P8Z68-V PRO)

With the 2761 driver, everything is smooth, no issues.

With the newer 28xx driver release, moving the cursor will occasionally make it "hang" for a split second and then jump forward again, making accurate navigation sometimes rather tricky. It can be easily observed moving the cursor in circles over a white window. I feel like its happening even more often in Visual Studio when i'm developing, but it may just be more annoying there.

On Windows 7, i can just stick to the 2761 driver, not a big problem for me.

However, I've been planing to upgrade to Windows 8, and one test-install i did also showed the same issue, but all drivers with official Windows 8 compat seem to show the issue, so this is a blocking issue here.

If you are interested in any more details, please let me know.

I hope this can be resolved.

- Hendrik

38 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi, I've found temporary solution to this problem. Download and start DPC Latency Checker, than press Stop and leave it that way.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

While not a permanent fix, I can confirm that freex's tip of using the DPC Latency Check tool works great! I'd recommend those with this issue use it for the time being until Intel releases the new drivers.

The tool can be downloaded here: http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml DPC Latency Checker

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I still have this issue as well in Windows7 x64. I know positively it is the HD4000 since my notebook has switchable graphics. Whenever I set my programs to use the HD4000 as the display GPU, the cursor transitions stutter. Whenever I set my programs to use the AMD7970M, there is never any lag. Also, there is hardly any system usage when the stuttering happens; it is all the time whether idle CPU or under heavy load.

Also, the latest driver has not fixed the issue for me. Intel, please fix this. Thanks!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

A new release is out for 2nd generation HD-Grapthics (HD2000, HD3000), Version 15.28.15.3062 (driver-version 9.17.10.3062).

Is the issue fixed in this release? However I cannot find any hint in the releasenotes about the cursor-issue...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi all,

The issue is still not fixed with 3062's release. At least for me. Windows 8 with 2 samsung 23 inch monitors.

Tried all the soutions i could find online but still no luck.

Robert, do we have any idea of when this update with a fix would be released.

Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yes, can confirm Malcom's experience with the 3062 drivers.

Just did a quick test on my Dell Latitude E6520 with HD3000 and two Dell 23" monitors. Cursor is still laging on every mouse-pointer change...

PLEASE get it fixed as I am still stuck with the 2761 release, the "latest" drivers without that issue for me...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I've been monitoring this thread for some time now. I run a 3 monitor setup with a 4000 series graphics setup with an E-Port Plus II docking station. I use 2 Display Port to VGA cables to run the 3 monitor setup as I found using DVI or the VGA port as an output will not work to get 3 monitors without using an external video device. I have the same lag when the cursor changes like you all do too. I did try the suggestion to use the DPC Latency Checker and click Stop in that application. This has worked for me as a workaround to eliminate the cursor lag. I just don't like having to run an extra program all the time. Hope the new driver with the fix comes out soon!!!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hey

Windows 7 64 bit with intel HD3000 experiencing the same kind of lag.

I reinstalled my windows 7 and now cannot find a working driver without the issue. The workaround is working fine for me, but it is quite annoying.

Can someone please link me to the last driver without the issue?

looking forward to a fix

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@ kastell: for me driver version 15.26.12.2761 is the last one without the issue.

You can download it from here (32- and 64-bit versions for Win7) --> http://freewareupdate.com/network-admin/download-intel-hd-graphics-driver Intel HD Graphics Driver 15.26.12.2761 ( Win 7, Vista )

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Is there any update? I installed the latest drivers and the issue is still there. This is taking way too long, I will be calling Dell to request a refund if this is not fixed soon. I would also recommend that everyone hold off on purchasing any Intel product that used the integrated graphics until this issue is fixed.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

New drivers for HD4000 has been released. Mouse pointer issue is fixed.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I installed the new drivers the day they were released and the issue is NOT resolved. I still have the same problem.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Any update??? Need a fix!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi - We are also experiencing this issue with many 64bit tablets (Motion Computing, Samsung, Surface Pro, etc.), both Windows 7 and Windows 8 that have Intel HD Graphics 4000 - we have other tablets that run 64bit Windows 7 / Windows 8 using different graphic drivers that do not experience this issue. We only see it on the tablets with HD 4000 graphics.

Issue is that the stylus cursor lags in some areas, but not all. What's really strange is that if I use only touch, I don't see the problem at all. I tried updating to the current driver (15.28.15.64.3062 dated 3/22/2013) on our Surface Pro tablet today, and the issue is still not resolved. We have many 64bit tablet users out there that are utilizing Intel HD 4000 graphics - please, please, correct the problem - Thanks

0 Kudos
AGlas4
Beginner

Asus laptop with intel hd 3000 and nvidia 540m, external full hd monitor. Mouse lagging here too!

Im glad I found this, gonna try older drivers now.

0 Kudos
AGlas4
Beginner

Still having mouse problems after more than half a year.

How can you fix your problems with DPC Latency checker? What does it do when you click on stop?

0 Kudos
RMorr2
Beginner

Got a Lenovo laptop with the i7 and HD 3000 on Win 7 Enterprise 64-bit. Have two monitors now and whenever a browser is open, mouse is all lag, and even typing looks a little choppier. Obviously, I echo everyone here in saying it's incredibly annoying. New drivers don't do anything, and I don't think the 15.26.12.2761 driver someone recommended earlier is not for Win 7 64, only 32.

While Intel works this out, has anyone with Win 7 64-bit found an older driver where this isn't an issue?

0 Kudos
RMorr2
Beginner

Update: Found a 2761 driver for Win 7 64, but the lag and poor performance was still there. The DPC Latency Checker trick also isn't working.

Again, anyone out there with a better trick or driver for a Win 7 64 machine?

0 Kudos