Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

Multiple Displays issue with Intel Graphics HD 630

SHady
Beginner

Hello,

I am having issues connecting my 3 displays with HD 630

Let me share with you my PC specs:

• i7-8700 CPU
  • H370 HD3
  • 16 GB RAM
  • Intel UHD Graphics 630
  • 3 x Dell U2212HM displays (VGA, DVI-D, Display Port)
  • Windows 10 Pro

My problem is I can't boot to windows while DVI-D is connected to my PC, in order to have the three screens up and running I have to do this exact sequence:

- Connect 2 screens one with VGA and one with HDMI

- One screen will only be working till I pass the login screen

- The second screen now works

- Remove the 2nd screen HDMI cable, insert the DVI-D cable then Insert back the HDMI cable.

This way I will have the 3 screens up and working.

This is the only sequence that works, If i did it with another sequence one of the screens will never work!

If I connected the DVI-D at the beginning, the PC will never boot

Reading H370 HD3 specs it clearly say that it supports 3 displays so I don't think its an issue.

This is my displays connection:

- VGA -> VGA (first)

- HDMI -> DVI-D (second)

- DVI-D -> DVI-D (third)

BIOS Settings:

- Initial display output: IGFX

- Internal Graphics: Enabled

What do I need to do in order to have the 3 screens working by default and boot to windows while connecting them?

Thanks.

Sameh

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello samehhady,

Thank you for joining this Intel Community.

Based on the information provided, the cause of this behavior is most likely the adapter you are using in your setup. Because you do not get any display while your computer is booting, then this is a handshake issue with the monitors. We cannot guarantee that your system configuration will work since a straight-through connection with a cable is always recommended. In this case, you can try connecting your computer to a monitor that has HDMI* output for testing purposes.

Also, does your motherboard support DVI-D Dual-Link or Single-Link?

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
SHady
Beginner

Hello Wanner,

Thank you for your reply.

I will check with HDMI cable to test it out and return back to you with the results.

My motherboard support DVI-D Dual-link

But another question, if it is a handshaking issue, why when I connect with a straight-through connection ( DVI-D to DVI-D ) the PC doesn't boot? this happens even if I only connect that display or with the VGA connection.

Kind regards,

Sameh

0 Kudos
SHady
Beginner

So I've tested to connect my PC directly with HDMI, this is my connection:

- VGA -> VGA

- HDMI -> HDMI (TV)

- DVI-D -> DVI-D

Once i connected the TV with HDMI it worked and I was able to see it as a 3rd screen, then I restarted the PC while connecting the 3 displays but again the PC didn't boot ( even the keyboard leds didn't turn on)

I removed the HDMI cable and restarted again but again didn't boot

I removed both HDMI & DVI-D and now it booted fine with one screen!

This is really very weird issue, I don't think it is related to my adapter as they do work with a specific sequence once the windows load right?

Kind regards,

Sameh

0 Kudos
BChap2
Beginner

I have what I believe is a very similar issue with a laptop. All of the sudden, I can't add a third display no matter how I do it. I have gone round and round with DisplayLink and have updated the drivers. It worked for months with all the same hardware. I am not getting this exact issue perhaps because I don't have enough connections that are hard-wired to the PC (it is a laptop with only one HDMI port). It is almost as if I now have a hard limitation on the number of screens Intel graphics can support (directly and through DisplayLink).

- Intel Graphics 620, i7-8550

- Lenovo Flex 5

- Win 10

- DisplayLink

If you think this isn't related to the thread let me know.

0 Kudos
SHady
Beginner

I think your problem is different, my issue is with using 3 different ports together + issue with booting with DVI-D

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello samehhady,

Thank you for your reply.

Regarding your question about the handshake issue, I would like to add Intel® Graphics drivers for Windows only support DVI Single-link rates, and it seems that this could be one of the reasons why the computer does not boot.

Now, if this also occurs when using VGA - VGA, then this could be a BIOS issue. This means that any update needs to come from the motherboard manufacturer. According to the report attached, the BIOS version on the motherboard is F1. In this case, a BIOS update may resolve this issue and improve the overall performance of the system. However, we do not recommend a BIOS update without the manufacturer's advice since there may be some risk. Make sure you contact the motherboard manufacturer first.

H370 HD3

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/H370-HD3-rev-10# support-dl-bios BIOS versions available (+5)

bwelldrive,

Thank you for joining this Intel Community.

The issue reported is different. Please submit a new question.

We will be glad to assist you.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
BChap2
Beginner

Agree it is a different issue, but wanted to share a fix for my problem for those who find this thread. After working on all drivers, and more, I realized that something changed in Windows that caused the monitor to be moved to "disconnect this display" status in display settings. I did not ever make this change, and I don't know what did, but was shocked to find that this option was selected for my third display every time. See screenshot.

0 Kudos