Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Multiple Monitors-Dell Latitude 3570

MHaus
Beginner

I have a Dell Latitude 3570 laptop with an Intel HD Graphics 520 card. I would like to be able to extend the display onto 2 external monitors while the laptop is closed. Is this possible? If so, how? The Dell monitors I am using have the following connections: VGA, DVI & Display Port (the do not have HDMI). The laptop has VGA & HDMI. I have tried connecting one monitor with VGA and the other with a cord that has Display Port on one end and HDMI on the other. Not sure if the issue is with the connection or the capability of either the laptop or the video card. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
SLuna
Novice

1. Go to control panel

2. Hardware and Sound

3. Power Options

4. Click "Choose what closing lid does"

5. On "When I close the lid" dropdown, choose "Do nothing"

And now you can close the lid whilst using two of your monitors.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
MHaus
Beginner

Thank you for the reply. I have already completed that step. This issue I have is how do I get the signal to project to 2 external displays. The VGA to VGA works for one additional monitor, but the remaining connections between the laptop and screen do not align and a cord that converts Display Port to HDMI is not working.

0 Kudos
SLuna
Novice

MAKE SURE ALL DRIVERS ARE UP TO DATE.

So what you're saying is that you want to connect 2 external monitors but the HDMI doesn't work?

Make sure both external monitors run in the SAME resolution or else the screen might go glitch-y.

Try these:

Try plugging both(VGA, HDMI) then go to Desktop. Right Click and Press Display Properties.

Then click Detect. If Windows detects both monitor then you're in good shape.

> If it detects: Click one of the monitors and Scroll down to multiple displays and select "Extend these Displays." Do the same for the other one.

> If it doesn't detect then reply.

If you want the easy way:

Get an HDMI-to-USB Adapter or VGA-to-USB or DVI-to-USB and plug it in your laptop and follow the method above to make it work.

Good luck!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ICTMike,

I was wondering if you still need assistance regarding the dual monitors you are trying to setup in your computer. In case you still need assistance just let me know.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
MHaus
Beginner

Fred,

It looks like the answer will be a Dell docking station that has the same ports as the laptop and monitors. My co-worker ended up with the same problem and that solution worked. Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ICTMike,

I understand you are trying to setup dual display on your laptop with two external monitors.

Let me apologize for any inconvenience this issue may be causing to you.

Just to make sure the HDMI to Displayport* adapter works fine please try setting up dual display with the built-in display of the laptop and one monitor via HDMI to Displayport* adapter. During this process please disconnect the VGA monitor. This link will show you how to setup dual display using the Intel® Graphics Control Panel https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005599.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005599.html

If dual display works fine with the configuration I mentioned above connect the VGA monitor, go back to the Intel® Graphics Control Panel and setup dual display this time with both external monitors. If the Intel® Graphics Control Panel does not allow you to setup dual display with both external monitors then most likely the feature was blocked by the laptop manufacturer. Sometimes dual display feature will work with the built-in display of the laptop plus one external monitor.

If issue persists I would like to gather more information about the configuration you have in the computer. Please attach to this thread the .txt file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" on the upper right hand corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear on the bottom right hand corner of the response box.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos