Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

My Intel Graphic Driver won't reinstall?

AOwen12
Beginner

Hi all,

So yesterday - my laptop suffered a BSOD. A report tells me it was the Intel GPU Driver that caused this.

I downloaded the latest, newest driver to my laptop - and then went to uninstall the old one from the Device Manager.

The issue is on the reinstall. I have ran the installer, it all goes through fine, and tells me to restart my computer to finish the install.

After restart, the new Intel Driver isn't showing in the Device Manager neither when I right click on desktop - it's only showing the NVIDIA.

Is there a reason for this?

This is my laptop:

Computer Type: Laptop 

System Manufacturer/Model Number: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. FX503VD 

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7300HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz 

Motherboard: FX503VD 1.0 

Memory: 16GB 

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 

Browser: Google Chrome 

Antivirus: Windows Defender 

Thanks,

0 Kudos
6 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Can you see it in the Apps and Features (Windows Settings)?

Leon

0 Kudos
AOwen12
Beginner

YESS!! It's there -- I see it! 😁

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

If you will open Device Manager and then click on View and Show hidden devices, probably it will appear also there.

Leon

0 Kudos
AOwen12
Beginner

Hi,

Nope, despite showing all hidden devices it still doesn't appear in the Device Manager.

Neither when I right click on my desktop either.

The only driver that's showing is the NVIDIA.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Well, I don't know what was the problem with the old Intel drivers installed that as you say caused the BSOD. At least this time your computer is not crashing. There are instances that in computer with dual graphics (like in this case), when the Graphics Adapter is enabled (NVIDIA), the integrated Graphics (Intel HD 630) is disabled. I suggest that you ask Asus if this is the case. First, I don't understand why you decided to install the Intel Driver and if it is really needed? When I check the Download Page for your laptop, I can find there only the NVIDIA driver.

Leon

0 Kudos
gnic0
Beginner

Expand the “Display adapters” section in the Device Manager, right-click the “Intel(R) HD Graphics” device, and select “Properties”. Click the “Driver” tab in the properties window and click the “Update Driver” button. Click “Browse my computer for driver software” here... official website

0 Kudos