Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

My intel 4600 correctly identified my Asus ve247 monitor, until I added a LG television as a second monitor. Now it identifies both as a television and overscans the VE247. No issues with the LG TV, just the VE247. How do I fix?

GRysa
Beginner

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

GRysa, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the motherboard?

What is the model of the Intel® Processor?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

Is this a new computer?

Was it working fine before?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

Which resolution are you using on the monitors?

Which video ports are you using to connect them?

When did the issue start?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
GRysa
Beginner
Hi My Computer is a Lenovo M93p Small Form CPU i5-4570 @ 3.20 GHz Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit Computer was bought as a refurbished unit. It was supposed to be a 2018 model, but if so should have the Intel 620 graphics, not the 4600. On startup a month ago,the monitor was working fine, connected with a Directport to DVI cable. The TV is a Samsung, connected directport to HDMI. When the TV was originally connected, the TV had some overscan but the VE247 monitor was fine with no display changes.. A day or two later the computer began recognizing the TV as the first monitor. I went into settings and changed the display monitoring, so Asus was #1 and TV was #2. I’m unaware of making any other changes, but may inadvertently done so. When I closed the settings screen, I noticed the Asus VE247 was overscanning. When I went back into settings and looked at the advanced info, I noticed the displays were now identified as Digital Television VE247 and digital Television Samsung. I could not find any way to make changes. Today I reconnected the VE247 using a VGA cable and the VE247 screen is displaying properly. Still in a 1920 x 1080 resolution, so will leave as is unless there is an easy solution. The Samsung is at 1280 x 720 Thanks Gary
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You have a 4th gen processor from 2013, which means you have HD 4600 graphics.

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/75043/intel-core-i5-4570-processor-6m-cache-up-to-3-60-ghz.html

Doc

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

GRysa, Thank you very much for providing those details.

Perfect, excellent, we are glad to hear that the VE247 monitor is properly detected and there is no more overscan problem.

Just to let you know, I was looking at the specifications of the Lenovo M93p Small Form, according to their web site, this computer has one integrated VGA port and 2 integrated Display ports. You mentioned that you used a DVI cable, so probably you were using an adapter or converter to connect the monitor, now that you are using the VGA port the monitor is properly recognized:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/pd027564

In the following link you will find additional details of what can happen when using adapters or converters:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000026412/graphics-drivers.html

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos