Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20590 Discussions

My intel driver support and assistant tells me that I have an update for a graphics driver of my processor, after some attempts via the website, it fails.

sdeOl3
Beginner
0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You'll have to be a lot more forthcoming with information if you want any help from us. Please provide details regarding the system - processor, motherboard, memory (full part numbers, not descriptions!) - and about the error that is occurring.

...S

0 Kudos
sdeOl3
Beginner

Hello

Computer

OMEN by HP Laptop 15-dc0xxx

Operating System

Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-bit)

Processor

Intel® Core™ i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz

Graphics

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Intel® UHD Graphics 630

As for the error: It says that the driver being installed is not validated for this computer. And it happens hen I try to update the Intel® UHD Graphics 630.

Thanks

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You are using a third-party laptop. You should NOT be using IDSA and you should ONLY be using graphics drivers provided for, and validated by, your laptop vendor.

You need to be talking to HP - and only HP - regarding the operation of your laptop. You have a warranty from HP, not from Intel. It is wrong for HP to be sending you here for support. You paid HP to provide you with support, so insist that they actually provide it. Remember that, if HP finds an issue with an Intel driver and reports it to Intel, it will have significantly higher priority than you, as an individual, reporting it here.

...S

0 Kudos