Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

My laptop showing only 1920x1080 regulation only I have CORE-i7 8th GEN please help

msing72
Beginner

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Download, run, and ATTACH (using the paperclip under the toolbar) the results of this utility:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Doc

0 Kudos
msing72
Beginner

here please check

0 Kudos
msing72
Beginner

if any one have solution please let me know

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

1920x1080 is the resolution of the internal monitor in this laptop. It is only going to show you what resolutions the monitor can support, not what the graphics engine is capable of handling. Only when you connect a higher resolution external monitor will you see it showing higher resolutions.

...S

0 Kudos
msing72
Beginner

no when i connect higher resolution external monitor not showing higher resolutions. i am using HDR screen

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

...And a good quality cable? HDR requires at least a HBR2-compliant DisplayPort Cable (or indication of 4K@60Hz with HDR) or a HDMI 2.0a-compliant HDMI cable.

Did you plug in monitor while system powered off or on the fly? Have you tried unplugging, waiting a few seconds and then replugging monitor cable?

...S

0 Kudos
msing72
Beginner

yes I have HDMI Cable

0 Kudos
msing72
Beginner

but still same issue

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You will have to talk to HP about this issue. It should not be limiting you like this. Because this is a laptop, you should be using drivers downloaded from the HP site (and not from Intel or NVIDIA sites) and you should NOT be using Intel's Driver & Support Assistant application. If you uninstall the driver you have installed and return to the ones provided by HP, does the issue go away?

...S

0 Kudos