Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20500 Discussions

My ssd space drastically reduces after intel graphics update and one of my game started lagging

Artyaslam
Beginner

my specs 

OMEN by HP Laptop 15-ce0xx-8gb ram,120gb ssd,1tb hard disk

Intel core i7 7700hq 

paired with Nvidia 1050 TI

So few days later I found out my intel HD graphics 630 has a update in HP website so I downloaded it and installed successfully but I found that my SSD had 34gb free space and when I installed that update now my SSD had 45gb free space and one of my game Days gone is now lagging after that update
If anybody knows what is the reason please help me to fix 

Driver Which I downloaded from HP website before the update my intel HD graphics 630 is at 23. version something I don't remember
SharedScreenshot 2.jpg

thankyou,

P.S.-I force the game to run in my graphics card in Windows Graphics settings and Nvidia control panel and change some power management settings and I uninstall and re-install the game but none of them are worked to me

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @Artyaslam

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to check this behavior further, could you please provide or confirm the following details?

1- Just to make sure we understand correctly, based on the title of the post you said "SSD space drastically reduces", but then you mentioned, "SSD had 34GB free space and when installed that update now the SSD had 45GB free space". Could you please confirm if the actual issue is SSD free space reduces (consuming space) or increases (freeing up space) after installing driver 24.20.100.6344?

2- Besides installing the graphics driver, were there any other changes like Windows, game, software, or other component-driver updates?

3- Where is the game installed? on the 120GB SSD or on the 1TB hard disk (HDD)?

4- How often does the "lagging" behavior occur in the game? Does it happen at any specific moment? From the begging or after playing for a long period of time? Does it happen on the built-in display, using an external display, or both?

Could you please provide a short video showing the behavior?

5- Please provide detailed step-by-step instructions for replication purposes regarding the lagging issue with the game.

Also, please share details or screenshots of the settings that you have configured for the game and the specific power management settings that you change.

6- Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.
  • To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Artyaslam
Beginner

Sorry I didn't mean reduces (consuming space) I mean increases (freeing up space) after installing driver 24.20.100.6344 which is recommended for my laptop in HP website and my game installed in HDD but now I fixed the issue that I had by re-installing windows now the game is working properly and I have almost 60GB freed in my SSD

but I still can't figure it out why this happened and I perceive something that is whenever I update an important driver I should check carefully

Thankyou for your reply 

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Artyaslam

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Artyaslam

Thank you for your response. We understand that you were able to fix the issue by reinstalling Windows*, we are glad to know that.

The driver or software for your Intel® component might have been changed or replaced by the computer manufacturer (OEM). OEM drivers are handpicked and include customized features and solutions to platform-specific issues. The general recommendation is to use the OEM driver and check with the OEM for proper installation instructions.

It could be that reinstalling Windows* pushed a different OEM HP* graphics driver. However, since the issue was triggered by and related to the OEM driver from HP* our recommendation is to report this behavior directly to HP* and to contact HP Support in case the issue returns. For your convenience, here is the link to HP Support*.

Since the issue has been fixed, we will proceed to close this inquiry now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. It has been a pleasure to assist you.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos