Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20601 Discussions

NUC11 not work on 75HZ

Veechi
Beginner

Recently I bought NUC11PAKI5 which is a interesting product, before this , My system is an APU machine by AMD, work on 75HZ without any problem.

Unfortunately, when I try to turn on 75HZ on NUC, the monitor became BLACK . I don't think its a big problem at first, I can switch to the 60HZ.

But when I play games such as like LOL , CSGO on full-screen mode, the monitor became BLACK.
I think that's because once I start the program, Iris makes the monitor work on 75HZ all the time. so I can't even play my games, that is bad...

Also, I had try to install the other graphics software versions.
1.General graphics editions is NOT available for NUC
2.INTEL websites doesn't show any other versions for NUC
If you can fix it, please help me out

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Veechi,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

To better assist you, please provide the following reports and information so we can move forward with your support request.

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU)

Download link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

• Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information
  • By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  

DXDIAG 

• Go to Start > Run or Windows Key + R. 
  • On the Run prompt, type "dxdiag" then click OK. 
  • On the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window, click on Save All Information. 
  • Browse to a folder, type in a filename then click Save. 

Intel® Graphics report

Instructions link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html

Notes:

• With the graphics report, you don’t have to send reports from both tools just the one you currently use if applicable.
  • You can use the option under the reply window to attach the report and any other files to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).

1. Do you have any issues with said games if you stick with the 60Hz refresh rate or do they only happen if you choose to use 75Hz?
  2. Do you have all the latest updates for the games mentioned?
  3. Please provide the exact model and brand for your monitor and cables? In case you use any type of adapter or docking station please let us know.
  4. Have you tested if this issue persists in every one of the NUC’s video outputs (HDMI 2.0a; USB-C (DP1.4); MiniDP 1.4)?
  5. Have you tested if this issue happens with another cable if possible a certified one?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Veechi
Beginner

Hi,victor 

Thank you for replying

Please check the files as you want

Note:

My system is actually 60Hz,I think it would be change to 75Hz if I was opening something full-screen programs. So even my system is 60Hz, It became BLACK.

I had tried other resolutions with 75Hz, not work

whether monitor or cable was works on my previous computer

1.one of games, LOL , I found myself a way on google to edit the graphic settings before starting the program.I was switched it to full-screen-window mode instead of full-screen. It did works.

2.All of my games are on-line, it's the latest edition all the time.

3.Monitor mode: Philips 245E1 , HDMI 2.0 cable. The display port is directly connect without any adapters

4.So far I didn't , only HDMI2.0 port.

5.Shortly recent, I tried many HDMI cables.

Should you may need any further informations,please let me know.

Regards,

Veechi.

0 Kudos
Veechi
Beginner

BTW,on games graphic settings, I didn't found any options to change the refresh rate.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Veechi,

Based on the report you provided, we would like you to try the following suggestions and let us know if the issue persists, also we require some information from your end in case the problem persists, below you will find our questions.

Monitor

Please make sure you contact the manufacturer of your monitor to make sure you are running the latest firmware update for it

Graphics driver

Please try the following driver by completing a clean installation of it, the instructions can be found here and the driver will be in the following link.

Games

We would like you to test both games after you update the driver and make sure the FW of the monitor is up to date, with the recommended settings we have tested for them.

LOL

CS:GO

If the issues persist, please provide the following information:

1. Do you remember doing any hardware or software changes before the issue started?
  2. When did you buy the NUC, less than a month ago?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Veechi
Beginner
Thx for helping.
I had restoring the previous windows edition,problems gone.
I think I found what happens, I'm gonna report to Microsoft Team.
Regards,
Veechi
0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Veechi,

We are glad to know you have found a solution, we wish you the best of lucks reporting your findings to Microsoft. Since the thread is now solved, we will proceed to close it.

If you need any additional information, you are more than welcome to submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos