Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

New Dell 9370-4K-UHD 620-No saturation bar in display settings

MLevi2
Beginner

I only see an option to hang color saturation in the video display settings. I checked other laptops in Best Buy (including prior Dell models) and they have the saturation slider in both the display and video sections. Is there any way to add it back?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Marc-ny,

I understand that you are having problems as the computer does not show the "Saturation" bar in the video display settings, I apologize for any inconvenience.

Regarding this, I would like you to check under "Graphics Properties" which should open the Intel® HD Graphics Control Panel. Over there you can go to "Color Settings" and then "Advanced". That should show a saturation bar. Please refer to the screenshot provided as reference.

If there is no saturation bar then please provide us with a screenshot of the problem and the missing saturation bar so we can look into it.

I hope you find the information helpful.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
MLevi2
Beginner

Hi David, thanks for responding. See attached, which shows that I don't have and "Advanced" option in the Display/Color Section of the control panel.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Marc-ny,

Thank you for your response,

In this case that is correct, the UHD Graphics Control Panel has removed the option of saturation and we are not certain if they will be adding again anytime soon.

Nevertheless, I can provide you with a link to a thread which is for feedback regarding the graphics features and drivers, please refer to the link below:

/thread/112438 https://communities.intel.com/thread/112438

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
MLevi2
Beginner

Hi, I'm new to the forums so I'm not sure if I should have replied to the email like I did post a comment to your post. In any event, I called Dell technical support their thoughts are that Intel removed the option to control color saturation in the Display Section in the latest drivers (only able to control saturation for Videos). Can you confirm that this is the case and advise whether you will consider placing it back in the next driver release?

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hi Marc-ny,

I would like to step in and help if that is ok with you.

I can confirm that the Hue and Saturation options are automatically disabled during the driver installation process if the Display itself is detected to support the XVYCC feature (currently labeled as 'Color Accuracy' - Enable/Disable in the Graphics Control Panel).

Generally speaking, enabling Hue and Saturation shouldn't be necessary since these options/features are mutually exclusive with XVYCC.

I hope this information helps.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
MLevi2
Beginner

Thanks for the explanation Ronald. I may not be understanding the concept, but I guess my question now is are you saying it's not necessary to have saturation settings because the XVYCC feature already provides optimal settings? I ask this because unlike most others I happen to like more saturated colors for non-video tasks (e.g. browsing the web). Others think things are too saturated and want to reduce the color saturation. My preference is to have the ability to adjust saturation to levels that may not be considered optimal. Also, the ability to adjust saturation still exists under the video settings, so why wouldn't we also have this ability under the display settings? Sorry if I'm off base, but if there's any chance to have the saturation bar despite the XVYCC feature, I would like to have it.

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hi again Marc-ny,

Essentially yes... you shouldn't need to have saturation if XVYCC is enabled since it is supposed to hit the optimal settings.

We can force Saturation and Hue options to re-appear, but this requires a registry modification so the driver no longer recognizes the Display as XVYCC capable.

Intel support staff does not provide guidance or support for Windows Registry alterations, as this is very risky and has the potential to cause more harm than good in inexperienced hands. Send me a Private Message and I'll follow up with you.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
FBOUR
Beginner

i have the same problem, i have the same pc and i would like my mp by communicating me the method please

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

MrBiscuit: Please submit your inquiry on a new thread, the reason for this is that every scenario is different even if the same product is being used, so for us to better assist you and in order to try to fix the problem, please submit a new thread:

https://communities.intel.com/community/tech https://communities.intel.com/community/tech

Let me apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Alberto R
0 Kudos