Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

New build, new install. Windows 10 Freezing with Intel Graphics Control Panel installed?

JEric9
Beginner

I just built a new PC, and after installing all the introductory drivers I immediately came across an issue where my computer would freeze after a couple minutes of use and the monitors would disconnect and reconnect repeatedly. Sometimes it would refresh and my computer would be workable, but other times it would lead to a black screen and be completely frozen requiring a full reboot.

I trouble this issue for hours, reinstalling intel graphics drivers, reinstalling windows, etc. I have a dual boot system that runs Linux on a different M.2 SSD so I knew the issue was not hardware related. Finally I uninstalled the intel graphics control panel and voila! My issue was resolved!

I am curious if anyone has had an issue with the Intel Graphics control panel freezing their PC and if there is anything recommended aside from ditching the software, because I like having it installed on my system. For all else, hopefully this helps someone else who comes across this issue.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Provide some information...

What is your processor model number?

What is your motherboard/laptop model number?

What graphics model number?

Do you have dual graphics?

What version of windows 10? 1903?

What are "introductory" drivers?

Doc

0 Kudos
JEric9
Beginner

Proc: i7-9700k

Mobo: MSI Z390 Pro Carbon

Integrated Graphics

Windows 10 Pro V1903

Intel UHD Graphics 630

I have two monitors. The issue only appears to happen when I am connected to my QHD Monitor. The freezing/black screen does not happen when connected to my Asus 1080p monitor. The model numbers for those are below...

Dell QHD/144hz: S2716DGR

Asus FHD/75hz: VG245H 

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello JEric9,

Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities.

I would like to know if you have tried re-installing the graphics control panel again. Normally when your system is using DCH drivers the Intel ® Graphics Control Panel must be downloaded from the Microsoft Store. Or, you can remove it by going to "SYSTEM" > "APPS" and there search for "Intel Graphics". Once done, try with our Intel ® Graphics Command Center, please check below to download it: 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/intel-graphics-command-center/9plfnlnt3g5g?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Let me know if the issue happens with the new software.

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello JEric9,

Please contact us if you have any additional questions.

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos