Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

New here. How to modify Intel Driver & Support Assistant alerts?

DLE
Novice

I am bugged everyday by the Intel Driver & Support Assistant with alerts about a graphic driver. But the app online says not to install it if my computer maker (Lenovo) has a more product-specific driver.

I have no good way to determine if the maker has a better driver, which is comparing apples and oranges, so this alert while truthful is not helpful. So I just want to skip it.

But the real problem is I can't find a way to tell the Assistant app to skip this specific alert going forward. How can this alert for this driver be disabled/skipped, both in the downloadable app and on the Web-based driver updater?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
lEdge
New Contributor I

This is supposed to be applicable to the version of IDSA too. Just follow the link for instructions.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000056698/software/software-applications.html 

56693-img1.jpg

And I notice this sometimes when buttons go missing.

I would suggest reinstall the IDSA completely because you have the OEM version.

0 Kudos
DLE
Novice

Thank you. I would have not figured that out because the caret seems to go in the opposite direction of every other use of this, so I already thought everything was expanded. Bad UX.

0 Kudos