Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

Next Intel HD 4000 Driver for Windows 7/8/8.1?

MKyle
Novice

Hi,

The last driver for the HD 4000 in windows 7/8/8.1 was released on 6-5-2015. is there any ETA of when the next driver will be released for the HD 4000 cpus running on windows 7/8/8.1?

Thanks,

Martin

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Bryce__Intel
Employee

Hi Martin,

The typical release cadence for drivers is one per quarter for currently supported products. These cadence releases occur when fixes or new features are available and the driver has been fully validated and is ready for release. We won't release a driver just to meet a cadence target, it must add value. Additional ad-hoc releases may occur to address safety or mission critical issues/concerns or new product launches. Conversely, if critical fixes are on the verge of completing, they may push out a cadence release so we can get it into the release and mitigate confusion by releasing multiple drivers in a short period of time. Hopefully that helps you understand the working process behind driver release timing.

.:Bryce:.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
MKyle
Novice

can anybody assist with this query? Robert_Ukevin_intel

P.S and yes I was told by kevin_intel that there is a driver but theres no ETA yet a month ago. since an ample amount of time has passed I believe theres an ETA for the next driver.

0 Kudos
MKyle
Novice

any ideas when the next driver would be Robert_U kevin_intel Bryce@Intel? even the iris,hd graphics(above 4000) got a driver on 8/19/2015. will there be a driver for the HD 4000 or is it gonna face an EOL?

0 Kudos
MKyle
Novice

i would really appreciate assistance regarding this Robert_U Bryce@Intel kevin_intel as its quite some time the HD 4000 has received and update.

Thanks,

Martin

0 Kudos
Bryce__Intel
Employee

Hi Martin,

The typical release cadence for drivers is one per quarter for currently supported products. These cadence releases occur when fixes or new features are available and the driver has been fully validated and is ready for release. We won't release a driver just to meet a cadence target, it must add value. Additional ad-hoc releases may occur to address safety or mission critical issues/concerns or new product launches. Conversely, if critical fixes are on the verge of completing, they may push out a cadence release so we can get it into the release and mitigate confusion by releasing multiple drivers in a short period of time. Hopefully that helps you understand the working process behind driver release timing.

.:Bryce:.

MKyle
Novice

Yes.i understood your point.Thank you for your assistance.i really do hope you are giving equal importance to both generations of cpus(meaning 4000 and above 4000);support wise and driver wise.

Thanks,

Martin

0 Kudos