Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

No Display Settings After DCH Update?

CFree10
Beginner

After fighting to install the driver, instead of waiting an eternity for HP to try and push an update, I got driver 25.20.100.6618 installed on my laptop that has the 520 integrated gpu. I got the command center up and running, all that. The control panel issue is affecting me, and I cannot seem to get it to run. However my biggest issue is that the display settings section on the command center shows NOTHING, it doesn't read monitors, not even my laptop' built in one.

If I disconnect my external/second monitor, it pops up, however the settings do not actually do anything. I had to revert to my laptop's admittedly horrible default colors as well to even get this update installed so I would love to get my custom settings back asap.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You have have jumped into the DCH arena too quickly. You should use ONLY the drivers provided by HP for your laptop, as they have likely made modifications/customizations to the the driver specifically for their hardware.

Doc

0 Kudos
CFree10
Beginner

I haven't had an official HP driver update since last year. In fact since this whole DCH update, it still has been quiet on their end, as in no updates or anything. I would have been left behind and it was already starting to impact performance on some games and such. I would have rather had at least an updated generic intel driver than never have an update.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Sorry, but the lack of an update is an HP problem, not an Intel problem. For the reasons I provided, you should use ONLY the HP driver. You should force HP to respond. If they do not, select a different laptop manufacturer in the future. HP is solely responsible for support of your laptop.

Doc

0 Kudos