Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20600 Discussions

No Display When Resuming from Sleep - Intel HD 5300

idata
Employee

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

Graphics work upon starting the computer from an off state. After allowing the laptop to sleep. Attempting to resume from sleep shows the lenovo status LED lit (as if the computer has fully resumed) and even sounds to happen. However, the screen will remain black. I have also experienced problems using external output, which also sometimes (less reliably) causes the graphics to stop working without sleeping. By stop working I mean that the display is black and unrecoverable. The only solution I have found is to hard reset the laptop. The two drivers listed below exhibit this behavior. However, the much older 10.18.15.4279 provided by lenovo has no problems. Microsoft update has now force installed the latest drivers and I can no longer install the working ones.

Does it fail every single time, or only sometimes?

If you can offer a % rate please do.

Almost always 9/10

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

Lenovo Helix 2nd Gen (20CG/20CH)

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

No

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below). 

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)<p style="f...
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi tmckenna,

Intel provides with generic drivers to laptop and tablet manufacturers and they customize them according to their system specifications.

In regards your question, I suggest you to contact Lenovo and request information on how to solve the issue. We don't have any issue reported with our box processors.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos