Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

No HDMI audio with Win7 RTM and latest Intel G45/43 Express Drivers

idata
Employee

My setup:

• ASUS P5Q-EM motherboard
  • LG LCD TV via HDMI
  • Win7 RTM x64 (tried x86 and it was the same)
  • ATI OCUR tuner for TV
  • HDMI cable between TV and PC. No other hardware in the mix (e.g. amps, splitters, etc).

Preparation:

• Clean Win7 install (x86 or x64 - both OS'es show the same behavior)

Initial Result:

• There is a LG TV device which shows as an HDMI audio connection. Most things are functional. There is a little pixelation in the TV signal, especially on HD channels.

In an attempt to fix the pixelation issue, I decide to upgrade to the latest Win7 Intel G45/43 Express chipset drivers from the ASUS web site.

Secondary result:

• The LG TV which shows the HDMI audio connection disappears and is replaced with "standard" HDMI and SPIDIF devices in the device list. No audio is present.

Expected result:

• HDMI audio should work with the latest Intel chipset drivers.

Other notes:

• I ran the same hardware under the RC version of Win7 and was using the released Vista drivers at the time. Everything ran very well.
  • On Win7 RTM, if I run the released Vista drivers, most things work. Again, pixelation on the video is the most observable flaw.
  • I've also posted this at the ASUS forum, but so far nothing helpful.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

1 Reply
idata
Employee

The problem is that Intel has not released the definitive drivers for windows 7 yet, if you see on the downloads they only work up to RC1 , not with the RTM (final) version of windows 7 that everybody has downloaded before it hits the shelves.

I have the smae problem with my 82945G Video Adapter