Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20635 Discussions

No Longer Able to Add a Custom Resolution

DavidB16
Beginner

Hello,

Intel graphics command center no longer has the 'resolution' option on my windows computer. I am trying to add a resolution of 2560x1440 for my monitor, which I have done in the past on this same device, with this same monitor. I unplugged the monitor to move my computer and now I can't add that resolution back. I have tried running intel graphics command from the admin account since that might be the issue, and the app never opens, it just pulls up a loading spinner and never gets past that. I am able to open the app in my normal user, but the resolution section is gone. Does this have something to do with that I'm using windows 11? I can't remember if I was using it previously, when it used to let me add a resolution

Processor specs: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10400T CPU @ 2.00GHz 2.00 GHz

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello @DavidB16

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.   

Please make sure you have the latest Intel® Graphics Drivers

Then, install Intel® Graphics Command Center (Beta), then go to Display > General > Resolution > Click the + icon to create a custom profile.

Also, in order to have more information about your system, please download, install and run Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. Make sure you check “Everything” before you scan, then save the report and attach it to your response.

Then, please generate and attach the Report for Intel® Intel Graphics Command Center

Best regards,

Jose B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello @DavidB16

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.   

Please make sure you have the latest Intel® Graphics Drivers

Then, install Intel® Graphics Command Center (Beta), then go to Display > General > Resolution > Click the + icon to create a custom profile.

Also, in order to have more information about your system, please download, install and run Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. Make sure you check “Everything” before you scan, then save the report and attach it to your response.

Then, please generate and attach the Report for Intel® Intel Graphics Command Center

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
ndlsr
Beginner

Hello,

I think this ticket is closed, but I will try to get help anyways,

I have all of my drivers completely updated but the 'Resolution' tab is not showing up.

Do you have any ideas?

0 Kudos
DavidB16
Beginner

1. Check and make sure your processor can handle the resolution you are trying to add (just google it)

2. If it can, try installing Intel Graphics Command Center Beta,  that worked for me

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @ndlsr 

You need to download from the Microsoft Store  Intel Graphics Command Center (Beta) version.  This Beta version incudes the Resolution parameter.

Leon

Screenshot 2024-03-26 222544.png

0 Kudos
ndlsr
Beginner

Hey there,

Everything seems to work, thank you and have a great day!

0 Kudos
DavidB16
Beginner

The beta version let me add custom resolutions again! THANK YOU SO MUCH I'VE BEEN TRYING TO FIGURE THIS OUT FOR WEEKS

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello DavidB16

Thank you for your reply.

We're glad to know the information helped. Hopefully, it will help other community members. Since the thread is now solved, we will close it. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.   

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos