Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

No Man's Sky Intel support for Intel HD 630

RPayn1
Beginner

Hi all,

I've been trying to play No Man's Sky on PC but whenever it starts on steam I immediately get a notice saying Driver may need updating, needs to support Vulcan version 0.16.02, then the game closes shortly after.

Now it gets a little tricky as I have an Acer so I believe there is some difference between Acer drivers and pure Intel drivers. Could the Acer/Intel difference be stopping me from playing the game or is it likely something else? My drivers are up to date with Acer and are version 22.20.16.4735

Supposedly the Pathfinder update offered support for a number of Intel graphics drivers including the Intel HD 630 but here are my other specifications if I'm lacking in anything else:

Acer aspire XC-780

Windows 10 64-bit

Intel HD 630

Intel i5 7th gen 7400

8GB of RAM

Current game requirements:

Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system

Processor: Intel Core i3

Memory: 8 GB RAM

Graphics: nVidia GTX 480, AMD Radeon 7870 (once again the pathfinder update supposedly brought in Intel graphics driver support including Intel HD 630)

Storage: 10 GB available space

Any help is much appreciated.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You are correct that, when a hybrid graphics design is present (i.e. utilizes both Intel and NVIDIA/AMD graphics solutions), the drivers for these solutions are often customized to support the two solutions working together. Check this with Acer Support; if this is NOT the case (i.e. they have NOT modified the drivers), then you can download and install the latest drivers from the Intel and NVIDIA/AMD sites.

If you do install drivers from the Intel and NVIDIA/AMD sites, remember that you will be making the switch from non-DCH-architected drivers to DCH-architected drivers (as mandated by Microsoft). This may mean manually uninstalling the existing drivers before the latest drivers will install.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
RPayn1
Beginner

Thanks for getting back to me.

I don't mind the idea of changing from Acer's non-DCH to Intel's DCH but is there likely to be any fallout with my system? It seems like Acer just never got around to updating to DHC.as there isn't any conflict with other graphics cards as it only had Intel HD 630 (with only 220 PSU on the system I don't think I could manage a graphics card).

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

DCH is just ​Microsoft's new and improved driver architecture. Acer isn't supporting it on your laptop because, well, they aren't supporting your laptop any longer.

Y​ou should try installing the latest Intel version. If the install fails, manually uninstall the old driver and then install the latest.

...S

0 Kudos