Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

No graphics output at all, onboard or PCI

idata
Employee

Hi all. I purchased a PC with a DQ45CB motherboard a week ago. It also came with an ATI Radeon 4870 graphics card. I managed to get the mahcine running happily on one screen off the ATI card, but I usually run off dual displays and I saw Windows (7) hadn't picked up any hardware, and if I plugged in eithe rmonitor no joy. I went into the BIOS and changed the Graphics Adapter back to onboard, and that's been the end of it. Now I get absolutely no graphic output, on either display, or on either card. I took the ATI card out and tried onboard ports only - no joy. I've tried putting in another PCI card from another machine, didn't work. Have used analogue and digital monitors, VGA and DVI connections, no output. I've tried resetting the CMOS by taking the battery out for an hour, no joy. Tried flashing the BIOS using the Intel memory stick option, but obviously that was hopeless because no screen. No idea what to do now, I've obviously done something completely stupid - I have a suspicion the board is faulty and the onboard port is broken, but it would be great if there was a way of reconfiguring the BIOS without the screen! Any help would be most welcome.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hi there,

You have tried quite a lot of combination to make sure there could be a problem with the board.

As last resource (if you have not done it yet), you may try to do a bios recovery.

Note: For bios recovery, video on screen is not always available, it can even work without video as you do not have to do anything once the system is started.

Briefly, it a very simple procedure.

Just before you do the bios recovery, try clearing the cmos again, removing battery and power connector and put them back after about 30 minutes.

Download the recovery bios from this link: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/license_agr.aspx?url=/17417/eng/CB0075.BIO&ProductID=2933&agr=Y&sType=&PrdMap=&DwnldId=17417&strOSs=38&OSFullName=OS%20Independent&lang=eng

Note: It's not the latest bios, if you manage to get video, then you can update the bios later.

Put this downloaded file onto a non-bootable (FAT32) USB pendrive or an empty cd (non-bootable). This should be the only file on the cd or usb.

Connect the usb or put the cd into the system, connect only processor and its fan, power supply, 1 stick of memory, keyboard, monitor (onboard only).

Remove the bios configuration jumper.

Start the system. The bios recovery should start automatically and you should see the activity led on the cd drive or the usb blinking meaning that it is recovering the bios. It may take sometime. Once you do not see any activity, you can shut down the system, put the bios jumper back to the normal position and start the system. If you still do not have video, then there is no other way that to RMA the motherboard.

Contact you reseller to get the motherboard replaced.

Hope this will be useful.

Cheers.

0 Kudos